Yep another Ford F1 build aka: SNUB-NOSE

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

48junktruck

Been lurking and see the others so I thought id post some pics of mine. Dont have early build pics but basically started with a couple pieces of 2 x 4 steel and started in. Originally I had planned a different cab but liked this one better. Im a big fan of the old altered wheelbase funny cars so it kinda follows that theme. Has standard drop axle front with trailing arms and a 4 link in the back with a transverse spring. Should be low and tight. Still have a long way to go but comments welcome. Thanks for looking.

Attachments

• snubnose 1.JPG
    snubnose 1.JPG
    95 KB · Views: 415
  • snubnose 2.JPG
    snubnose 2.JPG
    99.3 KB · Views: 352
  • snubnose 3.JPG
    snubnose 3.JPG
    96.8 KB · Views: 302
  • snubnose 5.JPG
    snubnose 5.JPG
    103.7 KB · Views: 309
Welcome to RRR 48junktruck. That's quite a way to introduce yourself! Love where you're going with the snubnose! It looks like it's real close to being done, what do you have up your sleeves for the box/rear?

Thanks for the comment As far as the bed: For some reason I cant seem to find a bed locally so im gonna build one from scratch. It should work out better as the older beds were generally 20-22 inches high and I need about 24-25 to be level with the top of the tanks. Bed will be tube frame with no actual bed and standard flared at the top. Should fit pretty good.

I like the tanks, but I don't like how far back the radiator is mounted. I would also do away completely with the grill in the front, it just looks to small and its just a decoration. But its not my truck, keep building it the way you want it, it looks awesome. Those wheels look alot like the ones I have planned for my ratrod, but mine are wider in the rear.

Dumping the grill has crossed my mind also. Well see how it ends up.My original thought was to stuff a radiator up there but it just wasnt big enough. Ive already plumbed in for an electric kicker pump if I need it for the radiator. It doesnt get real hot where I live so keeping it cool shouldnt be a problem.

Dmw, we talked on another board about the chop. I will do it eventually but right now I need to get it done so I can use it. Th season around here is short so I want to take advantage. Thanks for the comments.

Dmw, we talked on another board about the chop. I will do it eventually but right now I need to get it done so I can use it. Th season around here is short so I want to take advantage. Thanks for the comments.

Good plan, let's get it on the road. Took mine out for a cruise today. Still got to work on the seat angle still not to comfy.

I have seen that approach with the radiator in the back before. There is a truck in a town close to here that has NO front grille, just the engine hangin' out there. Looks kinda odd to me. I like the tanks, though. I have some old fat bob tanks that I might weld together and cut off for my air cleaner...anyway, looks good!!

Should be low and tight. Still have a long way to go but comments welcome.

Junkster,
We love bobber trucks & u're is really sweet... thanks for sharing! Be sure to take plenty of photos from now on... u'll want all o them after you sell the truck later & will kikk u're self for years afterward but will still have the fotos to cry over!!!! :eek: Welcome to the forum... make u're self & home & feel free to join rat in!!! :D:D:D

BoB

Dumping the grill has crossed my mind also. Well see how it ends up.My original thought was to stuff a radiator up there but it just wasnt big enough. Ive already plumbed in for an electric kicker pump if I need it for the radiator. It doesnt get real hot where I live so keeping it cool shouldnt be a problem.

I don't think you'll need the kicker pump. My pontiac fieros do just fine without them here in Tx, but My V8 fiero isn't to a point where I can see how well this v8 will handle heat, long coolant hoses and a radiator desighned for a v6.

Welcome to the forum 48junktruck! I'm a Ford f1 owner myself. I have a 51 that I'm slowly pulling together. I really like your build! I'm actually looking at not chopping my cab to begin with either. I want it on the road as soon as possible so the chop can wait.

Thanks for the pictures and keep us updated on any changes etc..

Thunder1

I really like the way this truck is going. I also like the boober trucks but more and more they all seem to be taking the same path. I wouldn't chop it, it looks very cool and different without the same old tired and done to death top chop. Really good ( I almost said START but its way beyond started) work so far. Keep us posted.

RS

Thanks for the comments guys I will try and keep the pics coming as I finish it up and burn down the first set of tires.........

Yep, I like the grill, and I like the tall cab - looks great as is....maybe, just maybe, a skinnier tire upfront is all I'd change.

When you rev it up at stand still does it lift like a Harrier Jump Jet? :D (I like the exhausts)

Latest posts

Back