Paying for parts

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

animal

I took this job on as a way to make some money for parts. Quite a difference! The owner said she has had a bunch of people stop and say they never knew there was a café inside... advertising helps. :)

Attachments

• HJbare.jpg
    HJbare.jpg
    115.7 KB · Views: 57
  • HJdone.jpg
    HJdone.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 69
So far, I paid to have the AOD rebuilt with a shift kit installed, bought a new converter and a case of synthetic ATF. I got all new brake lines and hoses, re-filled some of my bolt bins, and bought some miscellaneous hose, clamps, tubing, and such for the heater and trans cooler installations.

I'm going back to work full-time starting Thursday, probably for the Summer. I am working on the local car show and art auction, and painting a few signs for local businesses, so when I get time to install the trans, I'll measure and have a driveshaft made. As soon as the brakes and driveshaft are all installed and operating as needed, I'll take the car down for a front-end alignment. I want to do that before I fabricate the inner fenders, to make it easier for everyone.

When everything mechanical is ready, I'll do final fit on the front sheetmetal so I can build the grille and front bumper. Hopefully, I'll have enough money left from some of this side work to do what needs done. I'm also working on a deal to get a 48' semi trailer box for storage, so I can clean out my paint room. Then I can paint some cars, bikes, and stuff people want me to do, not to mention whatever I decide to do with the '56 after I drive it enough to make sure it's where I want it, driving-wise.

So, I hope to have it driving before winter so I can get some miles on it, then work on it over the winter to have it "done" next Spring (as if it will ever be "done") so I can drive the snot out of it, as intended. :)

I still need to build custom surrounds for the led taillights, replace the rubber around the back glass, and wire everything.

Money goes fast, but I hope to be able to install cruise control and a couple other convenient luxuries, so I'll be working as much as I can to pay for all the stuff needed and wanted.

The struggle is real. :D

Latest posts

Back