1941 1/2 ton project Hannah

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A stand back a bit pic will give us the whole picture too [P

sorry, cramped haha

here is the almost finished part
IMG_9976 by Joe Doh, on Flickr

unfortunately, it fit the perfect grille perfectly, it fit the banged up grille and tweaked fenders like poo poo. I did some grille repair, replaced the "missing tooth" for structural reasons. I intended to screw it in, but tacks made more sense. I didnt bash around on it to make it fit better because it was a bit of a dumpster fire trying to get everything lined up. I am not cut out for bodywork and even if I was, the term "diminishing returns" gets bandied about a lot and at least that term fits perfect.

IMG_9977 by Joe Doh, on Flickr
IMG_9978 by Joe Doh, on Flickr
IMG_9979 by Joe Doh, on Flickr

it DID put some curve back in the front end, so there is that. the fenders used to look flattened and there was no real peak to the grille, but there is now.

IMG_9980 by Joe Doh, on Flickr

washed her up

IMG_9985 by Joe Doh, on Flickr

and moved her outside.

IMG_0011 by Joe Doh, on Flickr

there are little things to finish but I think I would like some time with an empty garage haha.

33416388-customer-service-evaluation-form-with-green-check-mark-on-excellent-.jpg

How did the 200 mile road trip go Saturday [S :D

I didnt make it to waynes yet but I have been driving the wheels off of this thing. the current humidity and the vinyl seat make it a back sweater machine, but cruising with the windshield open is pleasant, as long as you are moving. I did about a hundred miles yesterday and another couple hundred today. want to make sure it gets a thorough shakedown. The steering wheel is a little crooked, I will adjust the tie rods. also the horn doesnt beep, cant figure it out, if I ground the wire it beeps. something is up with the horn button. oh here is a funny one, I thought I shaved the bumpstop on the drivers side, nope. I am going to do that work and bleed the clutch, doing a little research I found its easy to get air in the line and almost impossible to bleed, so I found a how-to on reverse bleeding (forcing fluid UP to the master to get rid of the air)

here it is after yesterdays jaunt making sure the overflow works. (it does! purged the air while driving and drank half the overflow cooling back down) it was 97 today with insane humidity and it never crossed half on the temp gauge, even stopped at the longest stoplights. woop woop.

IMG_0055 by Joe Doh, on Flickr

here is some of the other work I did, carpet edge strips (these trucks didnt come with them, I repurposed some door seal strips), kydex glovebox, the gauge trims, battery hold down.

55037210967__B4CC4B1C-F243-4304-8B15-74B9ADEBF5F2 by Joe Doh, on Flickr
IMG_0060 by Joe Doh, on Flickr
IMG_0056 by Joe Doh, on Flickr
IMG_0058 by Joe Doh, on Flickr

I ALSO built the rear fender braces, and put on a second tailgate hook. its so crazy quiet now.

thanks bob and old and forbig, I like it plenty, more than any other I have done. it drives so nice and smooth.

Yea, I really like this ride and especially the dash

thanks! the dash isnt perfect by any imagination though, the camera is really flattering. there are some nits there for sure. the rattle can laid out nice and shiny though!

I got lucky six ways to sunday today though. I bought everything for my reverse bleeder and even got the bleeder cleaned and cracked free. normally I gravity bleed clutch slaves so first I topped off the fluid and opened the bleeder a ton so it was really squirting out the bleed hole. a fair amount of cruddy fluid came out and then BBBLBLBOOP a big air bubble came popping out. I closed the bleeder and tried the pedal and man what a nice hard pedal.

then I straightened out the steering wheel by adjusting both sides tie rods and found out that looking straight down the front tire at the rear tire I could estimate square by when the white wall disappeared. I did toe in just slightly because everything tends to toe out a little under rein.

my wifes small hands (easy there hoss) were perfect to get the nut on the body mount next to the gas tank, what a gal.

I was so high on things going my way that I tried a new bed bolt that was trying to back out and it worked. tweaked a few other small things and even found out the brand new glovebox key works in the passenger door lock. :eek:

yes I bought a lottery ticket.

Don't the steering wheel being off a bit just bughell out of you? I left mine off a little the last time through the front and it bugs me...next time back in the barn.
Good review on the truck and it's ride...congrats on a great build.

Don't the steering wheel being off a bit just bughell out of you? I left mine off a little the last time through the front and it bugs me...next time back in the barn.
Good review on the truck and it's ride...congrats on a great build.

A man needs one to go his way every now and then
The steering wheel being off bugs the crap out of me too :(

^^^ That makes 3 of us^^^^^
Congratulations.
Really great looking ride.
[cl [cl [cl :D :cool: :cool:
Torchie

Latest posts

Back