Ideas Needed

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vht

I need some ideas on my 40 chev coupe build. I'm trying to get back to it, trying to get my truck painted and back together has been a bigger pain than I thought. I wanted to build a open wheel, at least in the front, no way to really make it look right in the rear without them. With the flat type grille that they come with, I just can't picture what to do. I've got a 38 chev straight axle, disc brake set up. I was originally going with a transverse spring set up from Ron Pope, but I could go parallel springs, gasser style. I don't want the nose bleed stance. I really like the radius rod, transverse look. I have the front end, fenders, front, aren't real nice, they'll due, hoods not bad, it was screwed together and a half a$$ tilt set up when I got it. No hood hinges and the 2 grilles I have are really rough. Anyone got any ideas? If I could photo shop, I could put some ideas up but can't do that. My builds on here, if anybody can help, please reply. If it'd been early 30's it'd been a lot easier.

You could go fenderless in the front with a grill from an earlier grill. and run the transverse leaf and radius rod front end you have. the rear fenders won't be so easy.

I know earthman. I think I'm going to set it up with the transverse spring, get the stance where I want and see what it looks like. It has a 117 WB, I'll stretch it a little, 118 or 119 to center the wheels in the fender if I decide to put the front on. I'll check the link out and see if I see anything, thanks.

I figured out the problem, my a$$ is to long and wide and my front is to flat. Go figure.

You might look for a 37 Chevy front end. They are more pointed and lend themselves well to running fenderless. All you would need would be the nose.

Latest posts

Back