is the LOVE BOAT allowed here?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ignore the dog and look at the rusty corner.
I am going to grind that down
And fill all that space with this goop
Eastwood Internal Frame Coating 14oz Aerosol.
It is highly rated and i have had good results with other eastwood products

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1488729045037.jpg
    FB_IMG_1488729045037.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 27
I have access to some nib vacuum wipers i am tempted to install.
Since i have a 318 engine i bet i have plenty of vacuum.
I hate the aftermarket craptastic electric ones i have now

I finally remembered to write down the milage when i gassed up just now.
I know i get crap mpgs
But soon i will know for sure.
I still dont think this engine is tuned right.
When it warms up a bit i have a timing tape to install

I love the pic of the dog! [cl He's saying that's his truck, and don't you forget it! [cl

That corner looks pitted Billy. You may have to smooth it out with some filler after you get the rust off.

I found a write up on how to wire the alternator.
I get confused easily with electrical stuff and will try my best
Going to swap pulleys this morning and call the parts store to see if they have the plug in yet
Cs144 140 amp

Got her wired up and i got lotsa juice.
My volt gauge reads low but i knew the alternator wasnt up to snuff because of dim lights and slow heater fan

I dont wanna jinx myself
But i think the ambulance might be mechanically done.
I will keep taking it on short trips and if nothing pops up
I will completely trust it to go anywhere.
If so
Now comes the fun part
Painting and tidying up the interior.
Restoring all the cool plates on the dash
New steering wheel etc.
I LOVE this part of a build

Loud noise from the steering yesterday
One of the bolts on the box let go.
Trying to figure out how to beef it up but there is VERY little room to work with.
The frame flexes as well
An incredible amount of stress right there

Loud noise from the steering yesterday
One of the bolts on the box let go.
Trying to figure out how to beef it up but there is VERY little room to work with.
The frame flexes as well
An incredible amount of stress right there
Pics would help. Are you talking about the mounting bolts? If so, maybe some higher grade bolts would solve the issue. If you haven't already done so, you might also want to check closely for any stress cracks in the area. Scab patches don't take up a lot of space.

Those old military rigs are supposed to flex a lot. They were designed to go anywhere a soldier had to go.

Hope it's an easy fix.

Pics would help. Are you talking about the mounting bolts? If so, maybe some higher grade bolts would solve the issue. If you haven't already done so, you might also want to check closely for any stress cracks in the area. Scab patches don't take up a lot of space.

Those old military rigs are supposed to flex a lot. They were designed to go anywhere a soldier had to go.

Hope it's an easy fix.
We mafe the plate bigger and put holes in it to match up with factory holes in the frame that weren't being used and then used 1/2 in grade 8s

Finally installing the blackout curtains I made for the rear doors of the ambulance.
The original ones are dry rotted but they made great patterns and i swiped the hardware off em

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1492616448003.jpg
    FB_IMG_1492616448003.jpg
    119 KB · Views: 31
  • FB_IMG_1492616407458.jpg
    FB_IMG_1492616407458.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 30
Maybe you should have turned the box up on it's side and bolted it closer to the frame? That bracket looks like it might cause the frame to twist since it sticks out so far. Too much leverage on the horizontal plane with it being longer than the width of the vertical it's mounted to causing the vertical plane to bend? Does that make sense?

Like this> ___l

This is the position it needs to be in.
If you saw it in real life you'd know right away.

I like the curtains because sometimes I have valuables in the back and the sliding door between the front and back locks and has a curtain too.
The material is a jeep top I never used

Finally checked the MPG for the ambulance
8.75 mostly city
Meh
What did I really expect from an antique 8000lbs truck with extremely low gearing?

Latest posts

Back