Starting a new job

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

53 stickfigure

Well ive been with the same company for 15 years and quit yesterday. A funeral director started his own small vault business a few years ago after he quit us. I was offered $2.00 more on the hour. After a lot of negotiations between us, i start work today. I wasnt supposed to start till monday but he pays cash for weekends and needed me today and tomorrow. Im went from burying people to burying people. Even though i know just about everything to know about this job, im still nervous. They gave me a key to the buildings, there is nobody there and i have no idea where anything is at. No training, just go out and do it.

Starting a new job i like to do everything wrong right at the start to see what the consquences are. Gets a lot of the stress of screwing up out of way. :D
It was time for a change for you anyway SF. You will handle this just fine.

Lets see, [S
Can't find any thing, raining like the dickens, no guidance:eek:
It can only go up from here [cl
As OI said, they have faith in you, as do we and you, knock em dead :rolleyes:

Made it home. Rain soaked through my coat and through both shirts. Went through 2 pair of pants. Vault buggy sunk to the axle but i made it and impressed the heck out of them. I think everything is going to be alright.

Got to sit in the shop all day tomorrow sandblasting names and dates in monuments. Boring, but i wont get cold and wet.

Congrats on the new job. The few times I've changed jobs I was so nervous I would have diarrhea and throw up and and not sleep but most times I did better than I expected. And think the new boss felt that way too. You will be great at it.

Free car

Things are going great with the new job. The boss is a spontaneous buyer, has more money than he knows what to do with, and buys things me dont need. He bought a 06 ford focus off a guy that needed money for $3100 just because he felt sorry for him. I was getting ready to leave yesterday and he said he needed to talk to me. He bought that focus without thinking, he didnt want it and didnt want to pay taxes on it so he gave it to me. He wouldnt accept a dime from me, just wanted it gone before his dad across the street added it to his collection. His dad has over a hundred cars and trucks in his yard and hundreds behind his house up in the hollow he wont let nobody see. I drove the little ford home and the wife instantly confiscated it for herself and gave me her taurus. Now i can sell my junk equinox. Taking pride in your work and kissing butt paid off for once in my life.

Latest posts

Back