New to rat rod

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AZNewby

Hello and thanks for adding me to the group. First and foremost i am a terrible at typing and often can't spell so please give me some slack. Second i have been trying to get a project started for a while and finally found what i think will be a good start. I am looking at a 1952 f3 cab and front clip sitting on a 1992 ford f 250 frame with a running v6 for about 1500 or i found a free frame from a mid 50 gm car and a 1952 f2 front clip for 500. So let the games begin.
also i have about 30 years in the automotive industry and have access to a bunch of parts that are taken off of vehicles to repurpose. Thanks Ray:)

Ray, you have come to the right place. We don't take points off for spelling. Sounds like you have some projects in mind. Welcome to the site.

You found the right place. They even put up with me. :D

Sounds like some good options you are looking at.

Hello and thanks for adding me to the group. First and foremost i am a terrible at typing and often can't spell so please give me some slack. Second i have been trying to get a project started for a while and finally found what i think will be a good start. I am looking at a 1952 f3 cab and front clip sitting on a 1992 ford f 250 frame with a running v6 for about 1500 or i found a free frame from a mid 50 gm car and a 1952 f2 front clip for 500. So let the games begin.
also i have about 30 years in the automotive industry and have access to a bunch of parts that are taken off of vehicles to repurpose. Thanks Ray:)

Hello!

1951-1952 is my favorite Ford pickup. I had a Bucktooth myself once, i'd like to have another one day. So "sitting on a frame" it has an engine, is there a transmission and rear end as part of the deal also? How complete is this beast?

Now, about these parts... lol

Also, for what it's worth, I didn't notice a single mistake in your first post :D

Welcome from Northern Michigan.
Plenty of F series builds on here to help with ideas if you should need any.
Just in case you didn't already know. All the F series cabs are the same size up to the Cabover. ( F-7 I think) The difference from the half ton to the others is the front fenders and the size of the wheel openings.
The rear window size as well as the dash design changed mid production run as well.
Start up a build thread and post up some pics. Then you won't have to worry about spelling.[ddd:D
Torchie

Latest posts

Back