L600

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Who did you get your link parts from?

A place called Q S components. I found them on eBay actually, but when I got there Parts they sent me a whole catalog of stuff that they sell in business card period seems to be good stuff

More goodies! Bottom bag mounts arrived. Need to build a bigger bottom plate then they will he perfect!

Great stuff

A place called Q S components. I found them on eBay actually, but when I got there Parts they sent me a whole catalog of stuff that they sell in business card period seems to be good stuff

I have bought several things including Heim joints from QS Components and have been very satisfied with everything !:)

Took 2 hours to work on my own projects. Started building the ladder bars for the rear of the ramp truck. Simple ladder bars with a ban hard. I think im goin to run the ladder bars at a slight angle to just inside the frame to insure it airs down far enougg with no interference.

Rough mock up

These aren't finished are they? Look a little weak right now, are you planning on some bracing? Lots of stress on those arms on a truck. I'm thinking something more solid like a truck arm style out of some I beam would be stronger.

These aren't finished are they? Look a little weak right now, are you planning on some bracing? Lots of stress on those arms on a truck. I'm thinking something more solid like a truck arm style out of some I beam would be stronger.

I really wasn't planning on it. That's inch and a half quarter wall tubing comma with a three-quarter inch heim joint in the end of it. Each heim joint is rated to handle 18000 pounds. I could ask racing in the middle of it comma but I'm not really sure that would help that much period I could be completely wrong. The bags are mounted out back behind the axle which are what's going to hold all the weight period maybe I'm thinking about this wrong. Something to consider thanks

I was thinking about the torque rotation forces on the long arms. The bars are all that would keep the axle housing from rotating under power or braking. I would be more worried about them during braking,, especially when there is a load on the truck. They may be fine, but look weak to me being that long. If they were half that length they would be stronger, but probably wouldn't work like what you want.

I may be full of it, but I've been fooling with bigger trucks for over 35 years and have seen a lot of different suspension designs.

I was thinking about the torque rotation forces on the long arms. The bars are all that would keep the axle housing from rotating under power or braking. I would be more worried about them during braking,, especially when there is a load on the truck. They may be fine, but look weak to me being that long. If they were half that length they would be stronger, but probably wouldn't work like what you want.

I may be full of it, but I've been fooling with bigger trucks for over 35 years and have seen a lot of different suspension designs.

I went with the little bit longer arm to keep the axle removing back and forth so much with the small radius. Since it's not a truth for link I didn't want to have axle change pitch so much. I on the other hand have never messed with a big truck like this and wait is definitely a concern. I will add a brace in the middle of them. I want it to be safe and reliable

Very cool! But to see it u need to add an a im mopar lol. Took me a minute but i figured it out.

I really wasn't planning on it. That's inch and a half quarter wall tubing comma with a three-quarter inch heim joint in the end of it. Each heim joint is rated to handle 18000 pounds. I could ask racing in the middle of it comma but I'm not really sure that would help that much period I could be completely wrong. The bags are mounted out back behind the axle which are what's going to hold all the weight period maybe I'm thinking about this wrong. Something to consider thanks

Not trying to be the school mom but you might want to proofread those voice command posts,lol. Mine will do that sometimes out in the driveway when I'm on the edge of my wifi signal.
I think the arms are probably fine but it wouldn't hurt a thing to add something to beef them up a little

Well the ramp truck got a little present. Picked up a wrecked 12v Cummins for it! Now I want to finish it. Work will commence soon!

Latest posts

Back