I should have known better!

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tripper

Older and more rusted every day!
So when I slammed the new bullet in my Nova... I failed to check back & see if the bolts on my headers had loosened up! Well... they had & of course it blew the gasket out & I had to replace it! Luckily it's a quick & easy fix but I know better but it slipped my feeble mind! It's definitely hell gittin' old!!! :eek::eek::eek:

BoB

Tripper, what header gaskets to you use on your headers?

The only ones my O'Reily's had.. some sort of paper foam like thing! I really prefer the old type that had metal around the holes but don't know if they even make them anymore. Probably shoulda gone to NAPA!

BoB

The only ones my O'Reily's had.. some sort of paper foam like thing! I really prefer the old type that had metal around the holes but don't know if they even make them anymore. Probably shoulda gone to NAPA!

BoB

Look into renflex gaskets. Ive had the same set on my chevy for 4 years and zero leaks!

I guess I'm old now but I've been forgetting things like that my whole life.
I think you're in good company.:)

glad to hear I`m not alone on that.... not that old but feels like swiss cheese up there at times. Must be my healthy way of living :rolleyes:

mMy friend started his Chevy after it ran hot, after it had lost a headerbolt... Now, ThAT was a blond moment.... coolant had leaked into the cylinders resulted 2 bent rods :p
I`d say you did well with just a gasket to replace :D

Latest posts

Back