gauge sets?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
well, I am coming back to this as we are getting closer to it being a driver.....

I see that the domain for the dolphin gauges is gone, but I am now looking at the AutoMeter gauges in antique beige. Has anybody bought/used those? I emailed them with my questions about using them with our project.... digging deeper I found we are going to have a hard time with the fuel gauge (it is a 100ohm empty/0 ohm full sender, but it didn't look like they had a gauge to match, so will probably have to retrofit a universal sender to match a more normal ohm range gauge.

and the speedo - I think we will have to go with a GPS, hoping we can still go with the rolling odometer (really don't want anything digital on the dash!)

AND, hubby wants two air pressure gauges for the suspension - and I cannot find new antique looking air pressure gauges anywhere! White faces are as close as I can get :(

http://www.36hillbillydeluxe.com/

ah, I was looking at a different link - I see that the dolphin gauges don't have an air pressure either, darn! I like the look of the Autometer a little better, but the Dolphins are priced better. Will have to show Brian and see what he thinks, but I am leaning toward the Autometers myself.....

Can't lose going with Autometer IMO!

BoB

well, we finally bit the bullet yesterday - and ordered 7 Autometer gauges in Antique Beige - and a fuel sending unit since our fuel sender in our cylindrical tank (from a GMC/Isuzu delivery truck) is 100ohm/0ohm and there wasn't any Autometer gauges to match it unfortunately :p

Now, we would LOVE to find some air pressure gauges that look antique - any ideas anybody? Autometer didn't have any and I haven't been able to find any with a google search....

well, we finally bit the bullet yesterday - and ordered 7 Autometer gauges in Antique Beige - and a fuel sending unit since our fuel sender in our cylindrical tank (from a GMC/Isuzu delivery truck) is 100ohm/0ohm and there wasn't any Autometer gauges to match it unfortunately :p

Now, we would LOVE to find some air pressure gauges that look antique - any ideas anybody? Autometer didn't have any and I haven't been able to find any with a google search....

7 gauges?

check out big rigs if they got air they got a guage

ya, we just want to find one that is new but has an old style to it. We probably actually have some air gauges, but they just don't look 'old enough' :D

this old enough ?

Attachments

• air press..jpg
    air press..jpg
    105.7 KB · Views: 18
after a few guys asking what I was using for a dash I pulled this out of the pile and put it together and paint . I had every thing but tach, speedo, and fuel, progress has been slow after rotator cuff surgery

Attachments

• dash.jpg
    dash.jpg
    143.3 KB · Views: 36
Indicator Lamps

Radio Shack Indicators Lowes 12 mm stainless washers

Attachments

• indicator lamps.jpg
    indicator lamps.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 20

Latest posts

Back