38 Dodge Truck Build

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
more...

A picture after the shorting of the frame (sorry about this picture it was from my phone)
short2.jpg

The wheels are great but I like the whole thing ! I would have to say, I agree with your signature .. Build it don't buy it !! That's the way to be . [cl

i definitely like the looks of it now that you shortened it up.. keep at it man

bed

thought id throw up a pic of what bed sides Im using. First I have to dig it out though. no fenders of course and it will only be about 4 feet long. its a fifty's ford bed I believe

img1263861104050.jpg

I started my pedals

here is the start to my pedal assembly. I couldn't weld it up because i ran out of gas. It will mount under the dash and the master will be on the fire wall ( at least that's the plan )
img1263861069885.jpg

it will look similar to this only two pedals and two masters one of clutch one for brakes.
12308736066091603270104.jpg

that picture of the truck on the hill was from before i bought it was on o huge pile of sand next to the freeway with a big for sale sign for about a year it sat there until one day I decided to call and i offered him $400 and he took it (hard to believe that was taken with my camera on my phone )

nice build.i live down near grants pass and im a trucker.iv seen that truck sitting on the hill.cant remember where.seems like up by creswell near the rock pit?anyways looks cool.ill be watching this build[P

nice build.i live down near grants pass and im a trucker.iv seen that truck sitting on the hill.cant remember where.seems like up by creswell near the rock pit?anyways looks cool.ill be watching this build[P
It was just outside Roseburg at exit 129

and hey thank you

Ah, Roseburg, worked for one of they're yards in Sacramento. Roseburg lumber bought it, the old man Mr. Ford would come down in a private jet, guy was rich as all get out but would show up looking like he worked in a yard. Good folks to work for, sorry for the side track just remembered the name.

Regards,

Rev. D.

Ah, Roseburg, worked for one of they're yards in Sacramento. Roseburg lumber bought it, the old man Mr. Ford would come down in a private jet, guy was rich as all get out but would show up looking like he worked in a yard. Good folks to work for, sorry for the side track just remembered the name.

Regards,

Rev. D.

hey thats cool. yep good old Roseburg Forest Products last of a dying breed

well I got nothing new done today except dug the bed out and pulled the fenders off. I am going to try to see if I can utilize the fenders (parts of the fenders ) to make the doghouse over the trans. i will see how far i get on Tuesday and then i will upload some pictures.

hey thanks guys for all the complements I really feel at home here. I was posting on another forum but man I always got the cold shoulder
this site forum has given me the motivation I was needing to get moving on the Dodge. And once again thanks!! :D

here's what i did today

i pulled the fenders off the bed and decided to try to make the trany tunnel (hump, doge house whatever you want to call it ) i this is how far i got

first i cut the front end off the fender
img1264566756739.jpg

then i trimed it down a little bit after cleaning it up
img1264566772807.jpg

then i welded the two pieces together as you can see i had to do some patching because my cuts weren't to even

img1264566814948.jpg

and here it is in the truck I still have alot to do before the floor is done but progress is happening
img1264566828813.jpg

Last edited:
steering box

not much done this week but I did get the steering box rebuilt I thought I had a picture of it all torn down but i didn't so this will have to do. I still need to shorten the the coll um down but here it is cleaned up and rebuilt

before
SSPX0052.jpg

and after
img1265350245923.jpg

I'm going to have to shorten it to about a 8" to 10 " shaft I'm going to go for a cowl steering. What do you all think about cowl steering ?

Personally, I love the cowl steering look. Thanks for posting all this. I have a 39 Chev 1.5 ton in about the same condition as yours. I've been trying to get inspiration on what to do with it. I love everything about your build.
Mind if I copy you? [dr
What are you using to do your metal cuts? Very clean cuts and nice penetration on those welds. Just nice work all around.
Thanks for sharing, now get off the computer and get back to work. ;)

Personally, I love the cowl steering look. Thanks for posting all this. I have a 39 Chev 1.5 ton in about the same condition as yours. I've been trying to get inspiration on what to do with it. I love everything about your build.
Mind if I copy you? [dr
What are you using to do your metal cuts? Very clean cuts and nice penetration on those welds. Just nice work all around.
Thanks for sharing, now get off the computer and get back to work. ;)

Copy Away !!

as for my metal cuts I'm using an old horizontal bandsaw in the upright position and your standard cut off wheel.

Latest posts

Back