38 Dodge Truck Build

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Keep it coming. Original. I think your signature (tag line) says it all. Wish I had thought of it.

Love the picture of the truck on the hill. It's classic, like an icon, better than a barn find.

this weekend

Well i seem to be jumping around on things Im doing. I think subconsciously Im avoiding the harder stuff. anyhow i cut a bed side down but i need to cut it down more i have done a quick photochop on it to show you.

i think it will look best with the top rail of the bed to be under the belt line on the cab. What do you all think ?

SSPX0201.jpg

after photochop
SSPX0201-1.jpg

Keep it coming. Original. I think your signature (tag line) says it all. Wish I had thought of it.

Love the picture of the truck on the hill. It's classic, like an icon, better than a barn find.

hey thanks I try to live by that signature (though sometimes it can be hard)

I agree with the bed rail being a few inches below the beltline. The build looks great!

Well i seem to be jumping around on things Im doing. I think subconsciously Im avoiding the harder stuff. anyhow i cut a bed side down but i need to cut it down more i have done a quick photochop on it to show you.

i think it will look best with the top rail of the bed to be under the belt line on the cab. What do you all think ?

SSPX0201.jpg

after photochop
SSPX0201-1.jpg

like the bedline below the beltline. then you will be able to see the keg and it wont be cutting into your rear window at all. I would love to be able to find a deal on a truck like you did. still gotta keep looking. Nice build, i will definitely be keeping tabs on this one.

steering

well after a lot of thinking and measuring I have decided to not do the cowl steering. Its just going to be a lot easier to place the steering box on the frame so here is a picture of where its going this next week or so i will build a mount for it this should help me to move my project along.
img1266205365278.jpg

So I decided to turn the doghouse on its side for a number of reasons one to clear the shifter and for over all looks. I will post some pictures tonight.

Great job on the truck, who'd o thought that ole fenders would make such a kewl doghouse. I kinda liked the tall bedsides, better to haul coolers, lawn chairs, (mother in laws) just kiddin'. Wtg to see this beast finished,, good luck.........[P

New pictures of Doghouse

well i have made it my mission to finish the floor before i move on.
I kept jumping back and forth on stuff. so heres where in at

took the doghouse and turned it so it was longer on the floor. this will help with clearance of the shifter and i think it looks better all around
I did though have to add about 3/4 if an inch to the bottom to get the height out of it.
IMAG0015.jpg

here is what i did for more height and strength

IMAG0013.jpg

IMAG0012.jpg

Update

Well its been a few days, weeks, I don't know i loose track of time.
anyhow so I had to take a few steps back to get the floor how I wanted it so I had to raise it a bit with some 3/4 inch square tube.
IMAG0029.jpg

then I built some frame work to hold it all in
IMAG0028.jpg

here it is in the truck
IMAG0032.jpg

and here is it with some panels going in the upright pieces will all be one
IMAG0041.jpg

it seems like i keep taking steps back just to get it how i want it but I will just keep at it and hopefully I will have it on the road soon ?

That is coming along very nicely! I asked where you are from way back and I have been there several times. Nice area. My MIL lives in Broadbent which is pretty close to you. Maybe next time I vist I can see it in person.

That is coming along very nicely! I asked where you are from way back and I have been there several times. Nice area. My MIL lives in Broadbent which is pretty close to you. Maybe next timeo I vist I can see it in person.

Yeah that would be cool 42chevy. Pm me when your coming through.

Well after i finish the tunnel I'm starting on the steering next hopefuly I get to that this weekend. I will post some pictures when I get there. Once again thanks for all the reply's it keeps me motivated!

floor

so here are some more of the floor with the start of the drive line tunnel didn't come out as clean as i wanted but hey its a rat !

IMAG0055.jpg

here's one taken through the back window
IMAG0056.jpg

and one from the pass. side
IMAG0053.jpg

Latest posts

Back