Ford replica GT

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bullet

Buddy finished his replica Daytona Ford GT Type 65 428 Cobra Jet FI .
Wicked ride, scary power to weight ratio.

002.jpg

GT1.jpg

GT2.jpg

GT3.jpg

Last edited:
Nice looking little model your bud's got there and Yeah - I bet the power/weight ratio is fantastic - all motor no car weight - can you say "FLOOR IT MAN"

Yeah ive always loved those Daytona Cobras as well. You say "front engine replica" like the real ones didnt have a front engine, but they did. It was pretty much just a fast back hard top style of the cobra. I would love a ride in that wicked beast.

Yeah ive always loved those Daytona Cobras as well. You say "front engine replica" like the real ones didnt have a front engine, but they did. It was pretty much just a fast back hard top style of the cobra. I would love a ride in that wicked beast.

Yeah I know, I forgot it was a Daytona ....... I said front engine because the GT40's were rear engine.

Ok... I'm sold... I WANT ONE!!! :D:D:D

BoB

Do it! I somewhat seriously considered getting the base kit awhile ago, but i figured it would be an absolute sweat box in TX with those tiny sliding side windows...but I see there is an A/C option now! You could probably score a stanger 5.0 donor powertrain pretty cheap.

I've never actually seen one around...but plenty of the regular cobra kits. Unique is good!

I read an article in Car and Driver years ago when they tested this car and the regular cobra from Factory Five. They had good things to say about the quality and how it drove.

Latest posts

Back