New toy/project

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Charley Davidson

Picked this 48" 12 ton press brake up at (you guessed it) the scrap yard. I need to fit it with new cylinders and I'm in business.
122.jpg

123.jpg

124.jpg

125.jpg

Very nice, wish I had room for that kinda tooling, there is alot of it around up here in the rust belt from old factory and machine shops that folded up a few years ago. Was in one 2 days ago that just made me sick to see all the beautiful old lathe's, grinders, press's and on and on just sitting there waiting for the scrap man. Glad you could save what you did.

May not need new cylinders. We just rebuilt a 1000 ton press and they just put new seals in the cylinders.

Those cylinders on your press are pretty common so parts should be available.

Check with a hydraulics repair place first. If they can't help you check with Prove Engineering in Milwaukee. They are pretty helpful and may be able to steer you in the right direction. (price is a hydraulics supplier)

May not need new cylinders. We just rebuilt a 1000 ton press and they just put new seals in the cylinders.

Those cylinders on your press are pretty common so parts should be available.

Check with a hydraulics repair place first. If they can't help you check with Prove Engineering in Milwaukee. They are pretty helpful and may be able to steer you in the right direction. (price is a hydraulics supplier)

The original cylinders were air and they want $500 each just for the cylinders.
The ones that were on it when I bought it were only a 1" stroke which only moved the ram 1/4" . The leverage is about 75% so I need a 8" stroke on my cylinders. I'll get busy on that soon after the Rumble.

Latest posts

Back