got some new "toys"

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ratrodgirl

So I got my new metal break when i was in town.On my drive home saw a tool chest for sale :D and i ended up picking it up for a less then a small one lol (it is a full sized think its a 12 drawer in wheels ) pretty happy about it first full size tool chest ( i just always had old dressers LOL ) just had to share :) now just need to get more tools to fill it up lol

sales

garage sales, estate sales and pawn shops are a good source for tools. ya can pick up some name brand stuff for a fair price.

also, if ya find broken lifetime tools cheap, grab'em and go get new ones[cl

later:cool:

Yep, I agree with Skull, I've gotten most of my tools at pawnshops, yard sales, and estate sales. When people die they leave behind the neatest tools and I have gotten some really nice machinist quality tools that way. Kinda morbid, but just a fact of life.

As for pawn shops, I found out there are two different kinds. One takes each tool out of a box they end up with and label and sell each one separately. (High prices) The second pawnshop doesn't mess with them and just sells you the whole box the person forfitted, and you can get some good deals on those. You generally have to dig through and weed out the Chinese crap and find Craftsman, SnapOn, etc hiding in there and base your price on the good stuff you see. The rest just goes in the dumpster, or I keep them for when I need to heat and bend a wrench or grind it to clear a particular fastener.

I worked with a guy who used to work in pawnshops and he says if you pay the price they ask the first time you are a sucker...........they expect you to negotiate.

Let's see some pictures of your brake and tool box.

Don

here the tool chest :D ya its dirty lol was in the back of my truck for the ride home and got a tad dirty :rolleyes:
I will get one of the brake once i take it outta the box lol
im gonna need a second vice my one i have now has my bead roller in it :D

utf-8BSU1HLTIwMTExMDA1LTAwNzU1LmpwZw.jpg
[/IMG]

Good score. I like the toolboxes that have a combination of large and smaller drawers. My Son Don just found some magnetic labels (I think at Sears) that you put on the drawers to identify what is in each one. Beats the permanent marker I used to label mine. :eek:

Don

migh wait till im in a biggger center to look in pawn shops here seem everyone wants new price for thing 10 yrs old [S
I was looking at a engine stand and hoist a guy had for sale he wanted 800$ for the set :eek:
whent into my favorite store aka princess auto (that and wholesale sports but not allowed in there guess i spend too much $$ in there opps )
any way there was a used set in the back ( missing one pin wich i can get for free) and it was $110 can you say score! haha love getting good deals on tools heheh

Good find

Lady up the road her husband died few years ago and she ask me this summer if I would be interested in buying his tools !!!! would I Top and Bottom tool carrier lots of tools he worked on Semi Tractors only $300 S/K tools and more .Just thought to let ya know there are good finds just got to watch for them. Hope I didn't bore U

Wow lucky you!!! I just need to find me some good finds like that .My dad gets me tools every year or hunting stuff lol there a ton of stuff I don't have just can't seem to find good prices on any of it but I'm sure I will !!

Good score. I like the toolboxes that have a combination of large and smaller drawers. My Son Don just found some magnetic labels (I think at Sears) that you put on the drawers to identify what is in each one. Beats the permanent marker I used to label mine. :eek:
Don
Label the drawers so you know whats in them? Hmmm, maybe I don't drink as much beer as you....

so the local "mans store" as my old man likes to call it had a sale on a Pneumatic Planishing Hammer so thought id drive into town (2 hr drive) and pick one up. Get the none there discontined it was an online sale BUT was supposta be taken off ! even tho i called to make sure one was in ...ya sooo nice ! guess the girl when i called this am didnt see that the ones avalible were all at other stores :(
So I go get the rest of my goodies and talk to one of the local hot rod guys that works there.Told him what happend he said tell ya what ill give ya a deal on anything in the store you want! ( badchoice of words with me in a tool store [ddd[ddd ) soooooo i got myself a nice new shrinker / stretcher with a stand for $150 can you say SCORE !

Latest posts

Back