I'm Gonna Build A Dragster!

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
kooool

Man BOB, this has came together so quick its making me think i want to build one i do have some ol ford rails in the garage i could box in....hmmm!

as far as narrowing the rear end i dont think you can in ha/gr class the rules call for stock width axles front and rear, i may be wrong been awhile since i look'd ANYWAY good looking on the dragster. dp1

2009_0320trk0004.jpg

Non-ferrous metal body installed. Much stronger than posterboard!:D
The rear end and front end must remain full width for this class.

front end

does anyone know if there is anything in the rules (that i might have missed) about running a parallel leaf front end set up? out of say a 40's ish ford? thanks for your help... dp1:D:D

dp1, any front suspension as long as the axle is full width is ok. I thought about it but then ran across an almost complete '34 Ford car front end for a hundred bucks. You must be speaking of a truck front end. The only caution I would have is they are pretty heavy.

Bob W, did you see the photo of the original HA/GR type dragster that I took inside of Garlits place. It had an upright radiator like yours will have. That's why I snapped the photo.

Gas, Thanks for reminding me. I saw it, then looked at all the great pics you guys took. I have now copied it into my pictures. I hope you don't mind if I show it to the HA/GR guys on another site.

2009_0330trk0018.jpg

Been doing a lot of small jobs that don't show. The wiring is done, got a little wind deflector and gauges.

2009_0330trk0019.jpg

That's 2 Holley 1 barrels on my home made manifold. The linkage is done. I used the gas pedal assembly, but not the pedal, that was removed from my Crosley. Nothing gets thrown away. I'm close to breaking this thing down for final welding, sandblasting, painting & reassembly.

2009_0404trk0008.jpg

The little feller has a couple Holley 1 barrels on it now. The fuel system is done, using a Holley blue pump & regulator tucked down by the gas tank. Throttle linkage is built.

2009_0404trk0007.jpg

Throttle linkage was saved from my Crosley and put to use here. I did NOT trace my foot to make the pedal,
This morning I desassembled the little feller for final welding. Lots of joints to weld.

Have you found the right newspaper box for a carb scoop yet??

Nice build so far.

Ratty 46

2009_0406trk0001.jpg

Got about 20 minutes of welding left to do on the frame and it will be done. This chassis should be NHRA legal up to a 10:00 second E.T. I hope the Tech Boys at the strip agree.:rolleyes:

The tech boys might want 1 more piece of tubing to complete the halo bar at the back of the cage. You might want to double check the book on that (NHRA 2008 Altered, Funny Car 10.00 seconds and slower, page 82 rear view). Hope this helps.

Latest posts

Back