New Years resolutions.

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

donsrods

Do any of you make resolutions for the new year? Do you keep any of them? :D I always do, and with my bad memory I forget what they are by January 2nd. :eek:

This year I am promising to become more organized. I am basically a slob, and need to keep things better organized and neater. I also think I am going to go back to work sometime this next year. Retirement is boring, but I do have to admit those little naps during the day will be missed.

Ok, so who else is going to resolve to do some things this next year?

Don

First off try and eat a little healthier and secondly and most important have my '50 chevy going and "stopping" under it's own power by march for the make-a-wish car show!!!! :rolleyes:

I actually made one that I kept back in 1990.....20 years ago tonight. I quit cigarettes cold turkey. Of course I did have a little inspiration. I watched my father die of lung cancer at the begining of December 1990.

Since then I haven't been able to keep any resolutions. so I decided to do the same thing as WB3 a few years back....and that I've been able to do every year since

I'm going to try and eat a little more healthy! It's hard for me to pass a Wawa or McDonalds for lunch or really anytime!:eek:I owe it to my family. My bad cholesterol is kicking the stuffing out of my good cholesteral!:eek:..:DCR

I hope all you guys vowing to quit smoking succeed. It must be a very hard thing to give up, glad I never tried it. Please do it for your families, if not for yourself. :):)

Don

I actually made one that I kept back in 1990.....20 years ago tonight. I quit cigarettes cold turkey. Of course I did have a little inspiration. I watched my father die of lung cancer at the begining of December 1990.

for me .... to stop trying ......just do it. 50% failure rate attached to trying

I hope all you guys vowing to quit smoking succeed. It must be a very hard thing to give up, glad I never tried it. Please do it for your families, if not for yourself. :):)

I quit 22 years ago after seeing what it did to my Dad. Killed him from heart disease. That & eating fried foods. He had a triple bypass & was smoking just days after getttin' out of the hospital. I hypnotised myself & told myself I never smoked & smoking was GROSS! Second hand smoke is even worse for your family & especially your kids!!! Figured I saved over $100K too! :eek::eek::eek:

BoB

Good luck to anyone who quits smoking. Cold turkey is the only way. If you have one, even ten years later, you'll have a pack in your pocket the next week. And if you have a wife, tell her you love her a lot and she has permission to slap any cig out of your hand/mouth if she sees you with one. You will be an insufferable jerk for awhile, so she'll be happy to do it.

Again, good luck.

In my youth tried & tried to learn to smoke. But I failed. Must be because I'm a left handed Polack. Back then, the tobacco companies would pass out free 4 packs of cigarettes in the bars to encourage people to smoke.

My resolutions are:

1. Get taller to better distribute my weight

2. Reverse the aging process

3. Quit being a dink.

"if we continue to think what we have always thought,we will continue to get what we have always got"

To stop smoking , think, feel, see your self as a non-smoker.
If you just tell everone that you are trying to quit then there you are, just someone trying to quit.
Put the money you would normally spend on smokes in a separate savings with a definate goal of doing something enjoyable with it after a set date. If you use it for something that will surprise and please your wife it will be the sort of thing she will always remember. :)

Cigarettes are what, about $ 50 a carton now? You figure, if you smoke a carton a week, that is $ 2600 a year! :eek: If you quit it would be like getting a $ 2600.00 raise next year...........think of all the cool hot rod parts you could buy with that much money. And, you would still be alive to enjoy them. [cl

Don

new years resolutions

I have to stop being such a procrastinator. (hope thats right). I drag out projects way too long and then get bored with them. next thing you know i'm starting a new one.

Latest posts

Back