1961 econoline RAT/GASSER

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

61 gasser

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I want opinions on color. Leave it as is and add a patina "lace job". satin cobalt blue, or satin black.
2u728p2.jpg

Awesome friggin' truck man, I'd leave it as is, but then I love the look you've got going. Do you know where anymore are? I'm looking for one in the southeast, they all seem to be crapped out around here. Later Whit

Looks like Tweety birds gasser to me. Maybe get an arty person to do a little work on it??

No black fo this one--too cool as is..

PA41

Attachments

• Tweety_picture_0050.jpg
    Tweety_picture_0050.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 4
  • Tweety_picture_0252.jpg
    Tweety_picture_0252.jpg
    2.5 KB · Views: 207
  • Tweety_picture_0500.jpg
    Tweety_picture_0500.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 2
Thanks for your input guys! I guess I will leave it yellow and put some performance decals and the store name on it. I found this truck on E-Bay and have seen at least 9 or 10 others sell in the last year.

I'd probably go with blue. With maybe white lettering w/ blue outline to tie it in. The red will probably look too much with the yellow.

You are right! I layed up some clear red gift wraping on one window & it was too much. Ordered some Gila River pacific blue film last nite. Thanks

Good choice.
For some reason, red & yellow looks cheap to me.
Yellow & Blue on the other hand...Blue Angles. You can't get much cooler...& I don't even like yellow!
-Chaz

Got to work on my truck this weekend. I mounted the fuel keg, "NITROUS OXIDE" propane tank for the zoomie flame throwers, and my ice chest.
truck1.jpg

truck4.jpg

I should have the blue tint on the windows and my CUP HOLDER installed before the week is over. I'll post pic's as soon as I get it done.... BUT... what should I do? Install a 5.0L V8 & an automatic trans...OR... leave it as is, 6cyl with a 3 on the tree?

Latest posts

Back