1961 econoline RAT/GASSER

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
WARNING: PERSONAL OPINION CONTAINED IN THIS POST - Take it for what it's worth! [ddev

If you're gonna walk the walk, you better talk the talk!

Meaning - If you're gonna call it a gasser and make it look like a gasser, then shouldn't it sound and act like a gasser? You have the fine makings of one, so don't turn it into a poser-mobile. Stop worrying about coolers and window tint and get down to what gassers are about - performance. No BS! Fake zoomies? Thumbs down. Building a nasty SBF stroker with a 4 speed and boiling the tires? Thumbs up!

Don't be the dude with a sock stuffed in his shorts! :rolleyes:

attachment.php

WARNING: PERSONAL OPINION CONTAINED IN THIS POST - Take it for what it's worth! [ddev

Meaning - If you're gonna call it a gasser and make it look like a gasser, then shouldn't it sound and act like a gasser? You have the fine makings of one, so don't turn it into a poser-mobile. Stop worrying about coolers and window tint and get down to what gassers are about - performance. No BS! Fake zoomies? Thumbs down. Building a nasty SBF stroker with a 4 speed and boiling the tires? Thumbs up!

Don't be the dude with a sock stuffed in his shorts! :rolleyes:

attachment.php

Hahaha!!! Excellent! Well said my friend!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Eyed Devil
WARNING: PERSONAL OPINION CONTAINED IN THIS POST - Take it for what it's worth!

Don't be the dude with a sock stuffed in his shorts!

Hahaha!!! Excellent! Well said my friend!

You Guys don't know 61Gasser! He's been there and dun that !
From blown street rods, comp elim, nhra-ihra prostock, to river jetboat racing, you name it he's dunit. I know, I'm his brother.

I pretty much agree, you don't have to build a 9 second engine but it should be stought. I would also keep it period correct and can all that stuff in the bed, especially the chains hold downs. You have a really nice (rare as well) truck there so do it justice and do it right;)

its your chicken you fry it the way you want.

Hey 61 Gasser, I think a couple of the guys were a little rough on ya, that appears to be a very solid truck, yo could go many different directions with it and any one of them would be cool, a bad arse tire fryer or a mellow yellow poser-mobile, I would just suggest that you make it your own, just the way it should be.

I say, (and it is only opinion), that you ditch the 6, find the biggest, baddest motor you can afford (any make model engine will do) and put it in place of the "cooler, fake NOS" stuff in the bed. Hook the zoomies up to the motor and lift the front up some. Otherwise it is just a cartoon poser mobile. Kinda like a "fast" honda![cl

I say, (and it is only opinion), that you ditch the 6, find the biggest, baddest motor you can afford (any make model engine will do) and put it in place of the "cooler, fake NOS" stuff in the bed. Hook the zoomies up to the motor and lift the front up some. Otherwise it is just a cartoon poser mobile. Kinda like a "fast" honda![cl

I second that!

I really don't like the bric-a-brac in the bed, looks to much like Beach Boys summer lovin' surf stuff.

Wasn't there some dude built one of these many years ago, to be king of the street racers somewhere, maybe L.A.? I read some magazine article saying he'd had too many tickets, so he decided to build the fastest, most bad-assed street racer going. I think he was called Big King, or something similar.

Just read your comments on my build. I realize everyone has their own ideas and opinions on how to build a ride. But I realized that this project is merely being built as a "TAILGATER" pickup. Built to show up at a meet or car show, park it, fire up the pit and have some cold ones. Nothing more -nothing less.
As for the comment that "Lucifer" made, " dont be the guy with a sock stuffed in his shorts", well you got the wrong guy here!! As my brother commented, I've been there & done that. Here are a few of the rides I have personally owned and driven.
CAR1.jpg

CAR4.jpg

CAR2.jpg

CAR5.jpg

CAR7.jpg

CAR11.jpg

CAR9.jpg

CAR8.jpg

CAR10.jpg

CAR12.jpg

So I guess I am just confussed. Why would a guy with your racing pedigree want to drive something that is fake? I drive stuff that is slow sometimes (I am a die hard hot rodder/HP junkie) but I don't make it look like something it isnt IE: tubbed rear with a front wheel drive 4 cyl, fake pro stock wing etc. reminds me of the honda croud. Your truck is just plain cool in its own right with out the fake zoomies etc. Just my $.02, not trying to bash anyone.

I should have the blue tint on the windows and my CUP HOLDER installed before the week is over. I'll post pic's as soon as I get it done.... BUT... what should I do? Install a 5.0L V8 & an automatic trans...OR... leave it as is, 6cyl with a 3 on the tree?

I'd go with the 5.0 set up, it will have a lot better sound than the 6.

Like the wheel tire combo. I also like usin' a truck for what it's designed for... HAULING ! so keep the cargo area clear LOL ! With the zoomies, you will be expected to be able to pop a weelie ! Somewhere in the last few days I seen a Moon tank that was a battery box. Don't be a street racer... the man is watchin' you

can you imagine

Imagine what a conversation piece this thing will be.... with the dude's background, he wants something that looks cool, draws attention and "conversation" "bench racing" whatever you want to call it and that he can motor in without breakin the bank.... not really a bad idea.... gotta give him credit for doing something unique...... to each his own...

My first wife burned all my photos, trophies, time slips and about every thing that was mine..... big bon fire in the driveway.....wasn't funny then but now I can laugh about it....wish I had them now...Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned.....lol
Do your thing and enjoy it.........

Hey there i think you prob. Have ur answer already but i think you should get it lettered maybe black,red with engined turned letters something like hairy canary then sand that down to look more vintage

Latest posts

Back