Have a peak!

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

roddguy1

I know my build updates are few and far between..... sorry guys. Since I started my new shop it seems I barely have any time for my own stuff anymore. However, things are progressing along slowly so I thought I'd give you guys a peak at where the 51 stands today. I'll post more details in my regular build thread soon.

BTW if anyone is interested this truck is in this month edition of Canadian Hot Rods magazine in there "What's in your garage" section. :D

Attachments

• 51 Ford 148.jpg
    51 Ford 148.jpg
    80.6 KB · Views: 132
  • 51 Ford 149.jpg
    51 Ford 149.jpg
    78.4 KB · Views: 142
  • 51 Ford 157.jpg
    51 Ford 157.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 131
  • 51 Ford 159.jpg
    51 Ford 159.jpg
    107.7 KB · Views: 128
  • 51 Ford 163.jpg
    51 Ford 163.jpg
    105.9 KB · Views: 116
  • 51 Ford 160.jpg
    51 Ford 160.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 118
glad to see you are still at it.. i was wondering if this build was still progressing..

Like it a lot,very nice. What are those subfloor pieces,shapewise, cant make it out in the pic?

well it is nice to know you haven't abandoned your project....
also good to know business is steady enuff to keep you busy...

hope to see this completed sometime--waiting to see you build those s-t-r-e-t-c-h-e-d doors [;)lol

Great looking truck, love everything but the wheels. But thats just me, not into that style at all. Keep em comming!!
Yeah, the wheels...... well I'm not really sold on them myself. A buddy of mine owns a tire shop called Cool Wheels and we were just tryin out some stuff. My tastes lean towards the Tork Thrust II or steelies.

Like it a lot,very nice. What are those subfloor pieces,shapewise, cant make it out in the pic?
Those braces actually came from the Honda car plant here in Ontario. My dad did contract mechanical maintenance there and picked up a bunch of ends that were left over. To bad I can't get more, there great. I'll post a pic for you.

well it is nice to know you haven't abandoned your project....
also good to know business is steady enuff to keep you busy...

hope to see this completed sometime--waiting to see you build those s-t-r-e-t-c-h-e-d doors [;)lol
Nope, I definately haven't abandoned it. In fact I now have the extra set of doors I need to do the stretch. So starting in the new year I've promised myself that I will set aside one weekend a month to work on it.

Thanks so much for all your comments guys. I do take time to follow all your projects and there all fantastic. I just wanted to show you I was still here and progressing.......slowly. ;)

OK thanks thats almost like what the original subfloor material in my model a looks like.

Latest posts

Back