New old stock extreame

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, I've seen. [dr

Here's a link to the auction and a few pages of photos...

http://www.vanderbrinkauctions.com/auctions_pictures.php?detail=135

For sale:

- Wife and two good kids. (All the hard work is done, train to your liking.)
- Modest home in quiet, mature area. (Garage/shop not included - will subdivide)
- One slightly used kidney. (Left side or right, your choice.)

Package deal for house, wife and kids. Serious inquiries only, no tire kickers or test pilots. :D

I would love to see that if I could swing it. Unfortunately I know I can't. Partially because I know that I would try to hard to not come back empty handed.....

You can bet.....

there is going to be a crap ton of guys who build, rebuild and customize and about every collector from around the world bidding on those cars..... frankly, the 6 to 12 miles on some of those means nothing.....it's the general condition that affects the value....some of that stuff is pretty rusted up from the pics.....You can never tell about stuff like this until you really take a look...amazing to say the least.....apparently some were under cover and a ton in the fields....hate to see what the floors look like on those... wow...

What about the paper work and trying to register a 30-40 year old vehicle that has never been regitered![S For a small town (been there) there are a lot of vehicles that where bought from GM (or lost?).[ddd That was a awful lot of money for a small dealer to "invest":rolleyes:. Why did they wait 40-50 years to dump them:confused:......... We will find out after the auction.......[P

weld on........[;)

As long as there's an MSO, or title and the old guy is still alive, the paper work should be do-able. If he lost the MSO's on those untitled cars, or lost un-transferred titles, it might be a mess.

As long as there's an MSO, or title and the old guy is still alive, the paper work should be do-able. If he lost the MSO's on those untitled cars, or lost un-transferred titles, it might be a mess.

It was my understanding that he has passed away.

Surely the auction company has did there homework on the titles so they don't get themselves in a huge mess of law suits.

In some states it's a felony to sale a vehicle without a legal title. I wonder what this states laws are.

From what I read, the couple are still alive, and they have the original MSO's on all the unsold new vehicles. They are to be sold as new, since they were never registered.

Title wouldn't matter to me in AL, they didn't start titles here until 1975, so it wouldn't be any problem to register one of those. Don't know if it would be considered new or not, but since it would be bought out of state, the only thing to tag it would be pay sales tax on it.

Doesn't matter too much anyway to me, the high rollers will bid them up and get them anyway. I probably couldn't afford a set of NOS wheel covers at a auction like that.

Title wouldn't matter to me in AL, they didn't start titles here until 1975, so it wouldn't be any problem to register one of those. Don't know if it would be considered new or not, but since it would be bought out of state, the only thing to tag it would be pay sales tax on it.

Good info to know!

Here, it's on the actual purchase price, or whatever price you put on the bill of sale.[ddd Paid $1 for many a car.....

Sold as new they will have to still honor the factory warrenty. So roll it into a new dealership and demand they fix the paint, rust, engine etc! [cl

Latest posts

Back