37 Plymouth pick up

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cosmic12

Check this out, I have never seen one of these before and I get a call from the guy today and says he wants it restored.
I go look at it and I said are you nuts leave it alone and drive it, it is perfect the way it is[dr
But he wants it nice and shiny so it looks like I am going to have to ruin a perfectly good truck:eek:

Sorry guys:(

Attachments

• 0821131735.jpg
    0821131735.jpg
    129.1 KB · Views: 67
  • 0821131735a.jpg
    0821131735a.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 74
  • 0821131735b.jpg
    0821131735b.jpg
    100.9 KB · Views: 56
Looks good to me. I'm not sure what more he expects unless he wants a trailer quenn.

Tell him to save some money,

he should sell it to you and buy a nice shiney billet laden hot rod....problem solved.....

I agree that it looks great as is but that paint is a rattle can job that was done about 20 years ago and under it is some pretty bad body work.
He has had this truck for over 25 years and has only put about 100 miles on it, says it just isn't nice enough:confused:. He had the motor and brakes done last year and has been buying rubber/glass / and trim parts and a wireing harness to get ready and now he wants it done. I tried to change his mind but no use and I sure could use the work. Believe me I would rather be building Rods N Customs but I take what I can get. And besides it is a pretty rare truck.:rolleyes:

Well looks like I will be ruining the Plymouth:rolleyes:. Got the call today and he wants me to get going on it as soon as I can. I truly hate doing restos but it seems that they are the only work around here for now. I am thinking 15 to 18 weeks to get it where he wants it and I am sure I will way over do it so looks as though my 52 will get set aside again. Wish I didn't have to eat.:eek:

Well Cosmic, just make sure you treat/paint every nook and cranny so it will still be around again for as long as it has already been around.

Paint, stamp, or scribe your name in hidden places. Because in 152 years, everything you touch now, will be like Van Gogh's stuff. Collected and worth a fortune!

Well Cosmic, just make sure you treat/paint every nook and cranny so it will still be around again for as long as it has already been around.

Paint, stamp, or scribe your name in hidden places. Because in 152 years, everything you touch now, will be like Van Gogh's stuff. Collected and worth a fortune!

Well the 1st part is true at least:rolleyes:

It will stay Red as it was a fire truck when it was new and the plan as of now is to try to find all the equipment that was on it back then and replace it.
I should have it in about 2 weeks and I will do a build thread if anyone is interested. I know its not ratty and it will be just another original truck.

Do a build thread, for sure. (Who doesn't like a fire truck???)

I don't say much on builds, but I like to watch other people work. :D

Latest posts

Back