Rat Rods Rule / Undead Sleds - Hot Rods, Rat Rods, Beaters & Bikes... since 2007!

Go Back   Rat Rods Rule / Undead Sleds - Hot Rods, Rat Rods, Beaters & Bikes... since 2007! > Muscle cars

Muscle cars Ok... admit it!!! You know there's a muscle car sittin' next to that rat rod in u're garage! Fess up & let's see it!!!

Old 06-28-2019, 09:46 AM
Rusty Rat Rodder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burgerman View Post
2X. Kick myself for selling my 66 Chevelle 2 door. All stock, got it from a granny. Bench seat, V8, power glide.
Sounds just like one I had. Yeah, I'm a Ford guy, but like most 60's Chevy's too. Mine was a 283, Glide, bench seat hardtop car. My wife's Great Uncle bought it new, his son drove it as his first car, then he let it sit about ten years and the tin termites got to it. When I got it, the trunk floor was an old sign!
I traded it for a VW dune buggy, what an idiot I was!

Always wanted a first gen Camaro, decent ones now are out of my price range, projects are mostly a vin on a rusty tub.
Old 07-01-2019, 10:31 PM
Rusty Rat Rodder

Brings back memories of my youth when these cars were new.
Two older brothers in our neighborhood when I was growing up were real gear heads. The older of the two had a 68(I believe) version of the Camaro. And his slightly younger brother had a 67 Chevelle with a built to the gills 396 in it. You practically had to tow start it the cam was so radical. I can still remember waking up in the summer to the sounds of him cranking that beast over. And when it lit up every window on the block would rattle. The older brother died when he wrapped his Camaro around a cement over pass support.. We tried to talk his mom into letting us salvage the engine from that car but she had it crushed.
Torchie