Conflicted

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gassersgarage

The California Kid
My 51' Ford was given a spot at the Suede Palace at the upcoming Grand National Roadster Show in January. It's a 3 day event. I checked on hotel rooms at the Fairplex Sheraton, Pomona, CA. Jeez, it's $244 a night.:eek: Now I don't know if I want to go. :confused:

My 51' Ford was given a spot at the Suede Palace at the upcoming Grand National Roadster Show in January. It's a 3 day event. I checked on hotel rooms at the Fairplex Sheraton, Pomona, CA. Jeez, it's $244 a night.:eek: Now I don't know if I want to go. :confused:

Congradulations.:D Sounds like fun.

I'll drive you back and forth from your home for half that.:D

Congrats on the invite but yhose rooms are pretty steep. That would suck much of the fun out of it for me. Can you stay someplace that's a little out of the way but a lot cheaper?

Congrats on the invite but yhose rooms are pretty steep. That would suck much of the fun out of it for me. Can you stay someplace that's a little out of the way but a lot cheaper?
Its the only hotel in Pomona, according to hotels.com

Normally, the rooms are around $144. But because of the Roadster Show, they upped the price. Heck, I stayed at Motel6 in Bakersfield for the Nationals. It was $102 for 3 days.

That is re-dam-dic-ulous...
Correct me if I'm wrong but that is price gouging and it is against the law.

Report em...

Then make some phone calls, there has to be more than one hotel in Pomona, Cal.

that's lame, definantly look around, hotels.com always screws us. When we went to san francisco last year they said that the hotel we got would be just fine (it was two star so we were a little concerned). the rep told my wife it was a two star because the building was old :D i wish thats all it had been....i'll leave it at that.

You might wanna try GOOGLE - city of PAMONA ... try the Chamber of Commerce ... get a bit more "localized" on places to stay ... chances are they list some of the "MA & PA" places to stay ( Inns / motels / hotels ) ... Bed & Breakfast ... etc.

Would be a shame to miss this !
Good tip! Didn't think about that, thanks. I'll check it out. ;)

Latest posts

Back