Why?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cost of the body, repo or old is 25-30 k on those 34's, so when you add a few other things it can get into big $$. Glass hot rods go for 25K. Ok car 'cept for the Mustang front end.

Because it's a steel '34 Coupe, that's why.

Besides, he is looking for serious offers, as the ad states. The 50k price tag is to scare away looky-loos and tire kickers. I would do the same thing. When you have a major league car you don't want to play in the minors. Fact is the car is worth a big bag of cash. Probably not 50k, but a solid 30-40. If someone is serious and in possession of liquid assets, they will make a real offer and the deal will get done. If not, the owner still has a "grail" type hot rod that will only continue to rise in value.

Yes the MII sucks, but easy enough to change.

I'm gonna call him tomorrow and go look at it in person since it's in my area. If nothing else I may meet another gear head that may have a common interest.

Price out a good 34 original steel body and you may find the dollars can start to add up throw it on a real frame, figure out interior, (garnish molding for a door really spendy) now it's big bucks and you don't have a roller yet.

Latest posts

Back