'29 Chevy RPU from junk

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Almost done wiring the thing. Brake lines are done. Everything that is installed is permanent, unless... Second shot is my Jag-U-ar leaping off the radiator shell. The emblem is off an electric motor.
I had to box front and sides sandblasted last summer. Set them outside to rust. then sprayed Justus Bros #80 on them for a final finish.

Attachments

• Potpouri 003.jpg
    Potpouri 003.jpg
    113.3 KB · Views: 68
  • Potpouri 009.jpg
    Potpouri 009.jpg
    106.8 KB · Views: 64
Getting closer every day, going to be a fun ride. Sure would be fun to cruise down in Florida if you make a trip next winter.:cool:

No pics, camera broke.
My friends Terry & Lee (Tator) here on UDS, welded a new repositioned lower radiator outlet for me. Got the hoses worked out. Made a generator bracket. Put some more gauges in the dash. Got the measurements for the driveshaft and will order it tomorrow. The driveshaft is the last significant expense in this build. All that's left is assembly, and things I forgot.

My camera started working again. For how long, I don't know. No worries, Dr. C, no nudie beaches in Minnesota, especially this time of year.
The roadster PU is well into final assembly. Bolted the cab down and put the floor panels in place. The engine accessories and the front suspension are done. Wiring is 99% done. Waiting for the driveshaft, then the rest of the floor can go in.
We are on a spring clean up campaign. I removed much of the clutter from the garage attic. Got a full truck load of scrap to cash in. Most of what is left I'll take to swap meets. I intend to sell all the extra stuff really cheap. Don't want to bring things home.

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 70
  • 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    100.8 KB · Views: 67
Love this little pickup bobw ! and I'm with ya on not bringing
stuff back home with ya (couple years ago was at a swap meet
and still hadn't sold a bunch of small parts at the close....it
all went into the dumpster close by...:eek: before we left I
saw a couple guy's dumpster diving..ha :(:D )

[P[P

Ya Bob that little roadster sure brings back some good feeling for the 28 roadster I built. Yours has the same correct look for a true RRR build. Keep at it. Remember 10 cents on the dollar when your clearing stuff out. Need some cone for that new converter for the dragster. Spring is on the way. :D

Glad to hear that your camera is working, we always need pictures.[P

Looks Great bob.[cl [cl [cl
Your philosophy is mine as well...
I just sold some stuff. A few people got some good deals and I got some empty space in the shop, and a few bucks in my pocket.
I didn't even charge extra for the Mahogany dust from the boat project.[ddd
[P [P [P
Torchie

Latest posts

Back