Austin's coupe is on ebay.

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Maybe

Isn't this the car that Austin used for his heading on the forum?

Don,
I thought he sold that & this was another one but I could b wrong. Sure looks like it though. He should get it running 1st. I was womdering where he got all those hemi's! He had this 1 listed about 3 or 4 months ago & I thought it sold but guess not.

BoB

Last edited:
Yeah, he seems to have developed a formula for getting good money from these cars. Maybe he is smart selling them as an "almost completed" rod, that way he doesn't have to deal with any running/driving issues. He also states "no title just bill of sale." Probably that eliminates a lot of hassles too.

Don

If I recall correctly, bidding only got up to around $7K last time. I believe it's the same car. Selling without a title really cuts down on resale value. In California, you run the risk of having to register as special construction 2007. It's so bad here, I won't buy a car from out of state.

That's not the car on the heading, it has a small block chevy and red Kelsey Hayes wires all the way around and is a 30-31 I believe, not a 28 or 29.

what do you guys think of that car? is it worth the money? i got my eyes set on it:)

Parts!

what do you guys think of that car? is it worth the money? i got my eyes set on it:)

Fiki,
I think it's a very cool car and would blow everyone over there away but remember, it does not run and you will have to deal with getting parts for a Hemi over there, but I'm sure some of the guys here can point you to sources for that! Good luck & let us know it you score!

Rattler

There's a lot of work done but there is still plenty of work to do on that car. At least in the pics it looks as though the craftsmanship is fairly decent. I can't really say what it's worth but I would calculate the approximate cost of finishing the car, coupled with my skill level before I decided to drop the coin for it. In many cases, you can get a complete car for less than it would cost to finish a partially completed project. I don't know to what degree you want finish the car or the cost of parts in your country so I can't really calculate the cost for you. But things like window regulators and such can add up quickly. So can a rebuild of an early hemi. It is a cool looking car though.

i agree, it's kinda iffy for your situation, i think you would be better to start with a complete running car. at least that way you can modify parts you have instead of trying to buy everything seperatly. plus, you would be relying on the internet for a parts source, it's alot easier on this side of the pond when we can scour swap meets for those parts that don't get listed on ebay.

thank you guys for your input...if anyone has some car or knows someone that is selling let me know;)

Latest posts

Back