American Hot Rod Show

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

donsrods

I don't know how many of you watch this show, or how many saw the last one. On that show, Liz was fired by Boyd and the obvious reason was that his wife Jo told him to do it. She made it very plain and even said "I don't like her because she copped an attitude the very first time I met her."

The reason for the firing is obvious.........Jo saw a younger, more attractive lady working in the shop and was afraid Boyd would be up to his old tricks again. Remember, he dumped wife # 1 for Jo, who was prettier and younger. Now that Jo is getting some milage on her she didn't want that to happen again.

The show was finally improving because instead of clowns like BlueBear and some other idiots, they were staffing with some very talented people. Liz was one of the people who knew their stuff and did their job well. It is a real shame to see this happen, and I have logged onto Coddingtons website and given my 2 cents worth. Lots of others are doing the same thing, and also emailing The Learning Channel. I have done both of those things.

O'Reilly Auto Parts has dropped the show over this incident and the backlash. If you saw it and feel the way I do, please log onto Coddingtons site and let them know how you feel. It would also be nice to do the same at the Learning Channel site, under "contact us."

Thanks. This was just not right.

Don

Don are you sure that the whole ordeal wasn't just staged for dramatic effect? I stopped watching that show long ago so I'm not up to speed on the situation and I don't know who Liz is. At first I used to watch just to see if I could pick up any building tips or ideas. But it seemed that the producers quickly added more and more drama and less building. It got too silly and I just couldn't take watching it anymore.

I just started watching again cuz I heard they were going to have the tulsa Plymouth on there.But ya that thing with Liz was BS.

I don't know if that is the same girl or not, but she sure isn't like the one on the Shine show. Liz went to Wyotech and I understand was at the top of her class in a couple of areas. She is no poser, and sincerely wants to be in that business.

As far as it being staged, I don't think so. If it was, the reprocussions that have resulted are probably not what was expected. O'Reilly Auto Parts has pulled sponsorship and people are blasting Boyd and Jo big time on their forum.

I guess the Producers think the show has a better chance of succeeding with a cast of dummies, rather than serious, talented people.

Don

I quit watching long ago ....

Unfortunately the show has gone from a cool show about building rods to "As The Rod World Turns".

Seems like everything is staged.

I`m not so certain about the reasons why O`Reillys no longer sponsors the show. I heard through the grapevine it boiled down to money and the decision makers at O`Reillys wanted their money spent on something more lucrative. I am a Territory Sales Manager for O`Reillys.

EVERYONE...............Repeat after me..............."Television is not real, Television is not real".........

EVERYONE...............Repeat after me..............."Television is not real, Television is not real".........

Are you telling me that David Copperfield didn't really make a jet airliner disappear? The next thing you know, somebody will come on here and try to say that there's no Santa Claus or something crazy like that.

Latest posts

Back