I am back home.

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bonehead

Skull Master
I realize at this point some of you are asking, " he was gone?"

I know many of you recall me whinning about my back. I little more than two weeks ago I spent the better part of an afternoon laying out in the dirt in front of my shop. This was not by choice. I had been scheduled for back surgery for a time, but was still in early stages of planning. "Planning", what a laugh. There is something about having two days of emergency back surgery and loosing track of days, and weeks that really changes how you see your life.

They have me on some pretty good drugs so when i proof read this stuff it looks fine to me. however I do realize some of it is hard to follow. Anyway I broke a small bone in my back and am now glued back to gether like a gi joe who went through the lawnmower. I am starting to ramble, sorry.

I am facing 6 months of no lifting, bending or twisting, , but in a years time Im will be back to a full recovrery, (with some luck) I ecpect to be back inb the shop yelling at my crew inside of two months

Anyway I missed keeping up with you guys, I know you will be able o telll how I am doing by how well I am typing. I am worn out for now. More to come. Jeff...

Welcome back!!!

Bonehead,
We were really startin' to worry about where u were! You just *have* to quit layin' around in the dirt like that! ; - > Definitely glad to hear u r doin' better & we are glad to have u back. Take it easy & get back to full strength soon!!!

BoB

Sorry to hear of your ordeal. I've never had a back problem but know of a lot of people that do. Several have retired early, not by choice.

I took the stuffing out of the seat of my 31', took get more room. A couple of days later, my back was killing me. They I realized what it was. I put the stuffing back in my seat. Don't know how people with bomber seats do it.

Bone,
Looks like you might consider slowing down a little bit before you get bed ridden for more than 6 months.

Yes, we noticed your absence...

Sorry about the terrible ordeal with your back. I remember that you were having issues with it. Anyway, welcome back. I was getting pretty close to starting a "Where's Bonehead?" thread.

Sorry to hear that Bonehead.
Be sure, very sure you dont rush to lifting things. It can wait. Let your back heal completely.

I was kiding around with a friend of mine the other day saying that I should make that motorized sidewalk chair now, while I can. Make a real cool looking fast one. Then take the batteries out and store it. Then when I need it just put new batteries in it and go terrorize the neighborhood.:D

I think I'll make 2 so I have somebody to race.

Take care.
Maddog

Chair races!

I was kiding around with a friend of mine the other day saying that I should make that motorized sidewalk chair now, while I can. Make a real cool looking fast one. Then take the batteries out and store it. Then when I need it just put new batteries in it and go terrorize the neighborhood.:D

I think I'll make 2 so I have somebody to race.

Ok Dog, I'm up for chair racin' u & the Bonehead... any other takers?!?!

BoB

Thanks guys for lifting my spirits! Sounds like a fun project but am afraid I will need a holywood stand in/ stunt man, After the docs removed several discs from the front and the back , they have left me witha mysterious black hole which appears to have some kind of strapping tape holding the whole mess together. I n other words, If I sneeze too hard right now there could be that odd box of left over parts after a rreally hard project. I am still having typing problems please bear with me.

Oh, and by the way, the day I took the ambulance ride into to the E.R. I had made a deal by phone on a 79 ford stepside. My wife, bless her heart called the guy from the hospitil and asked if he would hold it foor me.

Oh, and by the way, the day I took the ambulance ride into to the E.R. I had made a deal by phone on a 79 ford stepside. My wife, bless her heart called the guy from the hospitil and asked if he would hold it foor me.

hang in there dude, sounds like you have one heck of woman.

Latest posts

Back