question

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

26Troadster

have any of yall donated hair to a program like locks of love or wigs for kids? i have been growing my hair out just for that reason (well i like long hair too) but would like to make sure it is a place that does not charge the family for the child's wig. anybody have any thoughts on this?

When I was winding down my Metal Band days :cool: , I donated to Locks of Love. It was actually done through Fantastic Sam's believe it or not. I don't recall if it was a special thing they were doing or if they always collect for them. Seems like there was a minimum length requirement for donation too, but I don't recall exactly what it was.

Locks of Love is geared toward 'financially disadvantaged children' and because they are a charity I would ASSUME that they are not charging these kids for the hair pieces, but rely on donations to fund them...

I am not familiar with the other similar organizations.

It's great to hear you are considering donating. I'd call your local hair 'salons' and just ask them, I bet they would be able to help you out...

My daughter in-law donates a couple of times per year. Pretty cool thing to do, you are to be commended.
If I had hair I would do the same.
I believe the football coach Rob Ryan donates also but not sure which organization he donates to or how often.

i'm not to be commended or anything else, it is the least i can do. with money being tight i just do what i can. i have read a lot about locks of love and wigs for kids and have seen what they do with the hair that they don't use. i know they have to have money to run them. but i also seen where they have told kids no because their hair could grow back. so it is kinda a toss up, cause just like reverand said his daughter has one from them. i also found another group called pantene beautiful lengths but they seem to be more geared for women. i found them through the american cancer society, but my hair would have to be longer for them. it sure seems the non profit groups are making money and it's not about money it is about kids. i'll let yall know what i do.

Here's the way I look at it.
You do what you feel is right in your heart or what you think God wants you to do.
The people that you donate to are responsible to do the right thing with you donation.

26T I checked with my hair stylist daughter and yes locks for love charges. She says try "Pantene's great lengths"
Let me know how it turns out, i've been growing mine out for some reason [S now you've mentioned it that would be a good thing.
Thanks

Latest posts

Back