That old familiar smell!

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tripper

Older and more rusted every day!
Working on smoothing my firewall today I cracked open a can that had been waiting patiently on the shelf for me! :D

BoB

Attachments

• bondo.jpg
    bondo.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 49
I broke my nose when I was a small child... since then, the joke has been, and probably always will be... I don't smell very good. Ha!

My diminished sense aside, I like the smell of Bondo and most body supplies.

Some of you might recall DuPont acrylic enamels and lacquers. If I'm not mistaken, (it's been a few decades) Lucite smelled like candy cigarettes... or was it Centari... or R-M product? I'm fairly sure it was DuPont lacquer... regardless, it smelled delicious!

Bondo got me in a heap of trouble once when I used it to mould the frame of my motorcycle .....I did it in the dining room! !! [ddd[cl

I broke my nose when I was a small child... since then, the joke has been, and probably always will be... I don't smell very good. Ha!

My diminished sense aside, I like the smell of Bondo and most body supplies.

Some of you might recall DuPont acrylic enamels and lacquers. If I'm not mistaken, (it's been a few decades) Lucite smelled like candy cigarettes... or was it Centari... or R-M product? I'm fairly sure it was DuPont lacquer... regardless, it smelled delicious!

All of the above Crank.:D
And lets throw in the smell that gas used to have.:eek: :D
As I have stated before, my first "Adult" job was working in a body shop. Every time I open a can of filler or Lacquer thinner( Yes I still use that as well) it takes me back to that time.
I learned a lot from the guys that I worked with and where much older then I was. And not just about body work and painting.[ddd :p [ddd
"Time Passages."......
Torchie

"I love the smell of Bondo In the morning."

Speaking of smells; When I was a youngster I would stand outside under the exhaust fan of the local tavern and enjoy the smell of beer and cigarette smoke, and whatever else was mixed in with it. I knew before I ever started drinking that someday I would have to quit.

"I love the smell of Bondo In the morning."

Speaking of smells; When I was a youngster I would stand outside under the exhaust fan of the local tavern and enjoy the smell of beer and cigarette smoke, and whatever else was mixed in with it. I knew before I ever started drinking that someday I would have to quit.

LOL. bob,
That smell reminds me of my father. To this day......:eek:
He split the scene when I was three years old.
Torchie

Latest posts

Back