More Shift Knobs, Post Em Here

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here is mine. An old microphone a friend (that collects them) gave me and a stock VW Bus shifter. I did have a cheapie piston looking knob from Mr Gasket.
Tim

Attachments

• 1424497_591305090931982_1317620032_n.jpg
    1424497_591305090931982_1317620032_n.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 26
  • 1098131_498197750264857_1702477851_n.jpg
    1098131_498197750264857_1702477851_n.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 29
I think FORD49Rat should talk to Bonehead about a cool shift knob...he's posted some pics of some cool knobs he's done

I think FORD49Rat should talk to Bonehead about a cool shift knob...he's posted some pics of some cool knobs he's done

He's got some really cool ones. I know they're expensive...
It's got to take a lot of time and skill to make them.
I'd love to have one like the one I posted he's made. They are
all really nice. I'm still trying to find something unique like them
to use for mine.

Hundreds of shift knobs....something for everyone

I found this link in my favorites....I have nothing at all to do with the company. I just thought some of you might be interested. I just spent over an hour browsing, and didn't see all of them. Lots of categories, styles, etc. Some are kinda pricy, and others are very reasonable. :)

http://www.hotrodshiftknob.com/

He's got some really cool ones. I know they're expensive...
It's got to take a lot of time and skill to make them.
I'd love to have one like the one I posted he's made. They are
all really nice. I'm still trying to find something unique like them
to use for mine.

Thank you, yes, they are in the neighborhood of $200 each. Each one is hand made, one at a time, and totally unique. There are tons of choices when it comes to shifters, it is nice to be in the running.

... they are in the neighborhood of $200 each. Each one is hand made, one at a time, and totally unique.

They are crazy cool in person. I made the mistake of asking "How much?" with my wife standing next to me. I wasn't planning on buying one right at that moment, but now if I get one, she's gonna know how much I paid.... DOH!

Fortunately she's over worrying about how much I spend..... I think.

No contest

As far as workmanship goes, Bonehead's work is at the top of the heap. As someone who made a living doing stuff to steel for a few decades, I know what kind of talent that takes. [cl

The price is reasonable, even more than reasonable, for a piece of artwork of that size and complexity. And besides that, they're frickin' cool! [dr

I can't run a heavy knob with the shifter in my coupe until I shorten the shift handle a couple of feet. Even then, I think I'd rather just have something that fits my hand nicely and I won't go off hunting someone with a shotgun if it turns up stolen. ;)

I hope one day to make it to Bonehead's shop and talk to him in person about a sculpture to add to my collection! :D

Thank you, yes, they are in the neighborhood of $200 each. Each one is hand made, one at a time, and totally unique. There are tons of choices when it comes to shifters, it is nice to be in the running.

Bonehead,

Do you have a website to see all of the shift knobs?

Latest posts

Back