A new level

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow, I actually in joy driving. For people these days cars are just a tool, or a necessity. There are days I drive just to go drive. I enjoy the sound, the interaction with the vehicle and the road. I won't own an self driving or electric car until they come drag my fossil fuel burning relics from my cold dead fingers!

wow, i actually in joy driving. For people these days cars are just a tool, or a necessity. There are days i drive just to go drive. I enjoy the sound, the interaction with the vehicle and the road. I won't own an self driving or electric car until they come drag my fossil fuel burning relics from my cold dead fingers!

^^^^^100% :d:d:d

When I hear them talk about driverless cars... I'm like... WHO wants that?!? I love driving my car!!!

BoB

I used to love to drive, but nowadays it`s so stupid busy on the roads in this country. People are so dam rude in traffic , it might even help reducing stress for those idiots if they don`t have to think about operating an automobile...

no way in hell I would go for a ride in a self driving car

hmmm

self driving cars make me fearful,, with all the techno glitches we have now..

of all my fleet the one that bring me most joy is the one with no PC board...

interestingly apparently the Tesla should take around 3000 gallons to put it out if it catches fire.. this from the owners manual..

What's going to happen when some crazy sob figures out how to hack them? Bunches of driverless cars causing massive accidents. It will happen!!

I don't trust anything computer to not crash. What happens when the computer crashes? The car crashes, the people crash, too. Fail safe technology isn't here yet, they can't even make a pc or smart phone that doesn't lock up every once in a while.

I still enjoy driving my personal vehicles, but after over 33 years behind the wheel in a commercial semi truck, I'm burned out. It used to be enjoyable, now it's a stressed out job that I hate. Got three years and I'll be 62, going to try and retire and get away from it then, if I don't stress out and die first. Then if my SS isn't enough I'll pick up aluminum cans or go to work at Walmart as a greeter......

I don't trust anything computer to not crash. What happens when the computer crashes? The car crashes, the people crash, too. Fail safe technology isn't here yet, they can't even make a pc or smart phone that doesn't lock up every once in a while.

I still enjoy driving my personal vehicles, but after over 33 years behind the wheel in a commercial semi truck, I'm burned out. It used to be enjoyable, now it's a stressed out job that I hate. Got three years and I'll be 62, going to try and retire and get away from it then, if I don't stress out and die first. Then if my SS isn't enough I'll pick up aluminum cans or go to work at Walmart as a greeter......
You can camp in the parking lot for free, too. [ddd

You have witnessed huge changes in the trucking industry and in the trucks themselves in 33 years. Hang in there, maybe there is some related work that is less stressful. Or try something new. You are plenty young enough to start another career.

Got three years and I'll be 62, going to try and retire and get away from it then, if I don't stress out and die first. Then if my SS isn't enough I'll pick up aluminum cans or go to work at Walmart as a greeter......

I took SS at age 63 & glad I did. I don't have a car payment, no house payment and raise and grow my own food. I live in the country where taxes are really cheap and lead a simple life, SS actually pays all my bills. Doubt a self driving car will ever be in my future! :eek:

iSore

Almost every day I get in my 59 and drive up town just to be driving it, no particular place to go. People I don't know wave or strike up conversations. I would not trade that old truck for a self driving Caddy. On the brighter side, maybe hackers can make the car steal itself!!

Several things:

1. How many people drive more than 20 minutes at a time on a regular basis?

2. If you aren't driving during that time what exactly are you going to be doing?

3. Fail safe system redundancy will make the price skyrocket.

4. What insurance is going to pay a claim?

5. There will be a court case where the driver will claim it was the cars fault he committed vehicular manslaughter.

6. Driver-less semi's - ya right. First time one of those kills a Dad or son, the public outcry will be a PR nightmare.

7. It really doesn't matter anyhow, the machines are going to take over soon enough anyhow - thanks a lot Boston Dynamics - Robot Dogs Figure Out Doors

I agree with many on this thread, I love driving. As a 31-year-old, I feel like I'm becoming the minority in my age group in that respect. All this new tech is great, but I'd sure like something without all the driver control stuff. I still most enjoy driving vehicles where I'm 100% in control.

I agree with many on this thread, I love driving. As a 31-year-old, I feel like I'm becoming the minority in my age group in that respect. All this new tech is great, but I'd sure like something without all the driver control stuff. I still most enjoy driving vehicles where I'm 100% in control.

I'm 33 and feel the same. I drive whenever I can. But don't want something doing it for me

Commercial aircraft systems are chock full of redundant "fail safes" and they never fail... well, they do, but millions of people fly and only a few hundred die at once. :eek:

It was bound to evolve into self driving cars.
The self operating vehicle will most likely be safer than the person that's able and willing to buy it.
At least they can program the freaking thing to drive in the right lane until time to pass another vehicle ;)
On that sarcastic note, I'm 67 and will most likely live long enough to see the glitches to come [P
When I get in one of my hot rods, I feel like I'm a teenager again :cool:

Latest posts

Back