Rusty Buchan's

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
oh and the tail lights were ruined... if you notice the bumper is sprayed with chrome/silver paint and filled with filler. I got some cool stuff off of it and some stuff went to my buddys projects and i sold a few things so it worked out pretty good. So i only ended up paying a couple hundred for 500 cu with all acell parts and turbo 400 with a shift kit with only 47 000 miles and rebuilt carb. I Traded a few parts for stuff i need.

nice score on the caddy! I like the scrap parts build too. Lots o work but you are getting it done. Keep it up![P

Freebie ....
stuff2006.jpg

stuff2008.jpg

stuff2007.jpg

what tie rod ends does every one use when spliting there bones??

Thanks... ordered that kit from speed way today... I got rails made but i got to wait to use my buddys shop so i can weld it to his table and square it up. Also going to mount the brackets for the wish bones at the same time. So when i bring it home im hoping to mock up engine trans and some front wheels. I made the back rail a little longer because im not exactly sure how long to make it and i can always shorten it then lenght it.

This is awesome, wish I had woods to find stuff in! Kinda makes me want to go on a road trip or something to see what I can find lol. I will be watching keep up the great work.

Mac.

Got to try and figure out tire sizes now so i can set up ride height. i got 4 rims for rollers... if knew what size tires i could get some thing to use for rollers. I got a couple old 15's off a truck. Any suggestions to help me?

Thanks

Well we had some really nice weather the weekend... So i decided to take the car out for the after noon ............

rustybuchans-1.jpg

rustybuchans.jpg

I actually had to clean out my garage so i though it would be good time for a quick mock up lol

Thanks I'll be sure to work on that, I did just notice im missing a few lug nuts also :D been workin on the house and garage... time to get back at it the [;)

Mock ups are always good for morale :D That one looks pretty cool too..........the way you have everything tilted back is wild looking .....I know it would be a ton of work but if there was a way to build it like that it would make for a wicked different look [cl[cl

Latest posts

Back