What rubber brake line will work?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

21willys

I have suicide front suspension with a 4" drop axle and a speedway disc brake conversion. It uses metric gm calipers. What rubber lines will be long enough to go from the caliper to the frame? The ones that I have now are no where near long enough. I don't remember if they came with the disc break conversion or if they came with the suspension that bought off a individual. (the suspension was new) I bought a guys t bucket project.

70FF230A-905F-4E06-AFEE-7E02952E2A8A-724-000001B1864F2784.jpg

I dunno if the pic helps or not. My first thought was to turn the brake hardware around so that it's on the back but it will interfere with the steering hardware.

Anybody know of a model of car that I can get the lines from?

Someone might know, otherwise figure out how long you need and go to a REAL parts store where they know how to open a book. I had to do that for my rear brake hose.

That's my problem, real parts store are hard to find around me. I already left autozone today because of the counter help.

Hopeing someone's been down this road and cares to share.

It would make the hose have to exit the front of the caliper and would be in the way of the steering. That was my first thought but was short lived lol.

Switch that around the, calipers go to the rear, then use a shorter hose. There is a little boos on the caliper where the hose goes into, don't be afraid to grind that so the hose comes out the back. I think if you switch the calipers to the opposite sides you won't won't have to do that.

There are some pics here that might help you out. http://static.speedwaymotors.com/pdf/910-31946.pdf

I am 99% sure that I tried that and it wouldn't work due to the steering hardware. I will try again when I get home.

Turning the brackets around isn't going to work with the cheap steering arms I have. I am going in the morning to a circle track shop that makes brakes lines.

I did found out that a REAR rubber brake line from a 1960 F100 should work as a extension. The computer at oriellys says it has rubber feeding each rear wheel and that the threads are right to use as a extension. It would just look like crap, and no one has them in stock.

Latest posts

Back