$100 harbor freight tool buy.

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

21willys

So a buddy who used to work for hf calls me. They got a new manager who didn't think they needed a in house tool box. He's going to sale it for $100 for the box and contents. Yea it's their junk tools but my employees can't keep track of tools long enough to brake them. So for $100 I got...

Tap n die set
20 some screw drivers
20 some various plyers
A tote of Allen wrenches
A tote of loose drill bits
A drill bit set up to 1/4"
Two sets of 1/2" drive sockets
3 or 4 sets of 3/8" sockets
3 sets of Allen sockets
2 sets of torq bits
5 adjustable wrenches
4 hammers
A estracter set (ez out)
8 tape measures
About 10 ratchets of various drive size
2 sets of line wrenches
2 sets of ratchet wrenches
4 sets of standard wrenches
A brass punch set
The roll around tool box (not worth much)
A three level steel shelf
Three pipe wrenches
And I'm sure I missed some stuff
Some of its not in the pic and almost all of its new.
7C88396A-7DFE-4F82-A502-43E8090861B4-152-0000003B847AF06D.jpg

I think I did alright even for hf crap:D

Not a bad score at all, and those are perfect for people who don't take care of good tools.

One time I went dumpster diving behind our local HF store at night. Evidently, the manager tosses stuff out after writing off the returns. I found so much stuff I had trouble getting it all in my car, and was able to take 2 and 3 of one item and make one good one. I still have a lot of those tools now, including those rolling seats that mechanics use to sit and work on cars. All that was wrong with them was the casters came off or were loose.

I haven't tried dumpster diving behind the local Snap On store yet. :eek::D

Don

their open/box end wrenches are not really that bad, we have them on the service trucks for the tools we supply. the 4.5" grinders are cheap, but we have people that just will not pick up that 12" grinder, and they hold up for awhile.

tools

good score.

l use things like that for junk yard/scrap yard tools and throw a set in the tool box to carry in the rescue van, that way if they get lost, break or stolen, my good stuff is safe in the garage.

Later:cool:

That's basically what will happen with most of this stuff. My employees will have their own box and I will have mine, with a lock on it lol.

Latest posts

Back