Home away from home

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Started Juicing up the hibatchi to take along with me. Still need to chop the legs down and build a mount to hold it on the front of the camper.

IMG_20140924_215018_537_zpsh31qp9ts.jpg

IMG_20141018_135640_112_zps2fkxxtix.jpg

Quick shot from the last show I was at. Also one of my favorites so far. As you can see I did get the grill chopped down and mounted to the front. Think it looks good there.

Well since I need my wheels back for winter for my car decided I need to come up with something else to put on there. Ordered a set of hub adapters yesterday so I can run 5x4.5 wheels and am going to put the old steelies on it from the front of the rat rod. I think the 5 spoke aluminums look out of place on there anyway. The ones going on are 3 inches taller too, might change the look up a little bit. We shall see.

Agreed on the trailer wheels Neverdone. I've lost track of how many of my old boat trailers had steelies and a generic baby Moon cap.
Torchie.

Looks awesome!
You really did a great job with the whole package there!

Thank you kind sir. There is still more to come with the camper. Other stuff in the back, fenders, probably different wheels eventually (from the ones I'm about to put on), have plans of building an electric mini fridge, etc....

Was also donated a nice HUGE free marine deep cycle battery (two actually but only putting in one) then of course like everything else I will keep adding to it along the way. After all if I didn't I wouldn't be Neverdone......

I always thought they looked out of place but, figured you were gonna change them as you went along.

I always knew they would never stay. Just never changed them because I wanted to match the rat but they want a load for matching rims at that bolt pattern.

Latest addition to the camper showed up last night thanks to a fellow board member GotRust? Got some drive in speakers I am going to refurbish and set up in the camper and a Drive in heater!!!

Thanks Again Buddy!

IMG_20141108_184259_424_zpsddgokbjb.jpg

Put the adapters on and the old steelies I had. I think it looks better but still not right. These wheels are considerably larger which I kind of like, but the white letters are a no go for me and the wheels still aren't quite doin it for me either. But it will work for now.

IMG_20141111_182733_501_zpsxunun4t4.jpg

Walking through the shop the other day and I noticed something cool. My old shop stereo fell off the shelf a while back and come to find out my nice big sound coming from the stereo was actually from 2 little 4" speakers. Just so happens that that is also what goes in the drive in speakers. So I pulled them out of the speaker boxes and sure enough they fit!!! Now all I need to do is clean them up and re-cord the speakers and put some sort of plugs on the camper so they can be used.

IMG_20141123_201200_379_zpsbqftibhz.jpg

Put the adapters on and the old steelies I had. I think it looks better but still not right. These wheels are considerably larger which I kind of like, but the white letters are a no go for me and the wheels still aren't quite doin it for me either. But it will work for now.

I like the idea of the camper wheels matching the rod. Maybe some boot black or flat black would get rid of the white letters?

Walking through the shop the other day and I noticed something cool. My old shop stereo fell off the shelf a while back and come to find out my nice big sound coming from the stereo was actually from 2 little 4" speakers. Just so happens that that is also what goes in the drive in speakers. So I pulled them out of the speaker boxes and sure enough they fit!!! Now all I need to do is clean them up and re-cord the speakers and put some sort of plugs on the camper so they can be used.

Score !!! Freebies are the best! [cl

Can't leave well enough alone. After all if I did I would not be Neverdone.

Ordered a set of stainless full moon/salt flat disk style hub caps for this yesterday. Should fit the bill a little better. Also scooped up the stuff to put plugs in the back for my drive in speakers! Now I need to come up with some fenders and this should be mostly done (.....YEAH RIGHT!!)!!

Currently the camper is under a tarp and a foot of snow. So Won't be trying them out any time soon. But when I do you guys will be the first to see.

Latest posts

Back