1937 Ford Pickup

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks gents. Still plugging away at it between work and side jobs. The heads are back on the engine. I ordered the steering rack today. I worked on making the water pump pulley. They are not available anymore. the second attempt is about 2/3 done. I am definitely not a machinist. I made a lot of metal shavings and what amounted to a shiny aluminum pencil holder.

Not much to post. I did get to work on it a little this weekend. Got the got the spilt wish bone mounts welded into the frame and cut the forgings at the axle in order to set the caster as close to seven degrees as possible. Tried to work on the steering setup and got pulled away. I had move my excavator home from a job. I have to pull the pto and hydraulic pump off my friends truck that we moved it with. I didn't want to leave it where it was and not have a way to get it home. I also scored all the lower body repair panels at a swap meet a couple weeks ago. I don't need anything except for the lower cowl pieces. I would like to sell the inner and outer door skins and the cab corners. The inner door skins are no longer made. I also picked up a chrome windshield frame that I will probably use so I will have a chopped painted windshield frame that the bottom of is in really good shape for sale. I also have a set of boxing plates for a 1935-41 ford frame. If anyone is interested. That's it for now. Thanks for checking in.

More rework.

Been working on steering and panhard bar placement . Back in post 106 I cut two 3/8 inch pie cuts in the front rails of the frame in order to raise the front cross member. In doing so this shortened it by 3/4 of an inch. Guess what?.:eek: I lack about 3/4 of an inch in order to have enough room for the steering rack. I'll be cutting the cross member out and moving it forward. If I learn from my mistakes, I should be a genius by now.:rolleyes: Good thing I like to weld.[;)[;)[;)

Today's project.

Today I made a pair of extensions for the lakester headers that came in last week. The headers are made for a narrower cowl than the 37 has. the extensions are 3". I bought 1 5/8 x .065 DOM tube and a new set of one piece oval flanges that match the header. The the individual flanges are rectangle ones I cut off a set of junk swap meet headers. they match the exhaust ports They are not welded yet because I need to test fit them.

Attachments

• IMG_0050.jpg
    IMG_0050.jpg
    113.6 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_0049.jpg
    IMG_0049.jpg
    120.5 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_0048.jpg
    IMG_0048.jpg
    108.6 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_0047.jpg
    IMG_0047.jpg
    109.5 KB · Views: 20
Wow! the pics worked. I was forced to update to a smart phone at work. It only took 15 minutes to figure it out. I'm gaining on this tech stuff. 20th century here I come.

Wow! the pics worked. I was forced to update to a smart phone at work. It only took 15 minutes to figure it out. I'm gaining on this tech stuff. 20th century here I come.

Dying laughing here- I can sooooo relate. When it comes to techo stuff I feel like a set of slicks on on a road course! :D

Just spent 15 minutes trying to figure out what I did last night to import pics to lap top. ARRRGGG![S. Tonight after work I bolted a spacer between a junk head and a new header and tacked them together. I stuck the set up on the passenger side to see how it looks. I think it will be okay.

Attachments

• IMG_0052.jpg
    IMG_0052.jpg
    123.7 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_0053.jpg
    IMG_0053.jpg
    124.3 KB · Views: 22
Worked on relocating the panhard bar and making clearance for drag link. I had to make room for the A/C compressor. Also my Friend Gus came over and Tig welded the header extensions. They came out great. I took pictures on my new I-phone But I can't get them on to the site. What took 15 minutes the first time I tried, 30 minutes the second time and now after 1 1/2 hours later and no success is just ****ing me off. [S:mad:. I'm about to smash this damn laptop. I can't go directly from phone to laptop and now I can't figure out how to get them from I cloud to lap top or to forum attachments.

Latest posts

Back