28 Fast Four build

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry for your loss Glen...

once you`ve used a shrinking disc, you won`t go back... I used a pro shaper disc also, but recently purchased a couple Sunchaser studio`s serrated friction discs.
Day & night difference imo. It generates heat super fast.
For any sd goes, keep it free of paint and such, since that will work as an insulator, make it stop spinnning ( on a piece of carpet or something ) before cooling anything on your project, and check for cracks before every use.

nice work [cl

One fine ride! My condolences on the sister in law also!

Thanks you on both counts Smallfoot

Going to be awesome. Good to see something different.

Thanks Eman

Sorry for your loss Glen...

once you`ve used a shrinking disc, you won`t go back... I used a pro shaper disc also, but recently purchased a couple Sunchaser studio`s serrated friction discs.
Day & night difference imo. It generates heat super fast.
For any sd goes, keep it free of paint and such, since that will work as an insulator, make it stop spinnning ( on a piece of carpet or something ) before cooling anything on your project, and check for cracks before every use.

nice work [cl

Thanks you dutch, I'm still amazed how well they work, but they still intimidate me a bit.

Car is looking great Glen, and my condolences on your sister in law.

I understand your concern with the shrinking disc - I have one and scares me as well.

Another coolant leak

So while I was working on the body I had the chassis on the hoist covered with a tarp, when I went to put the body on I found a small puddle of coolant under the front cross member. I checked all the hose clamps and obvious stuff but they were all dry, then started looking at the new Champion radiator. Turns out there is a leak in the bottom header where the tubes are welded in.:eek: I ordered this rad off Ebay from a Champion distributor that has a 100% rating back in May so I was little worried about how they would handle a warranty claim, all I can say is I'm really impressed with Ace_Replicas. I called Tony yesterday morning explained what happened and he said no problem he will ship me a new one :D Last evening I got an email with shipping conformation and tracking and an RMA, talk about good customer service. [cl[cl

My condolences to you and your Family as well. Dozer.
Everything on this build is top notch.:cool: [cl :cool:
Thanks for the body lift shout out as well. You are now a official member of the "If theres a will, there's a way" club.:D
[P [P [P
Torchie

I have a 4 post lift like yours. On several occasions, I've thought about adding a contraption for engines and bodies...

Just recently, I stumbled into somebody who thinks alike. :eek: :D

attachment.php

Attachments

• fp 346.jpg
    fp 346.jpg
    110.4 KB · Views: 60
I have a 4 post lift like yours. On several occasions, I've thought about adding a contraption for engines and bodies...

Just recently, I stumbled into somebody who thinks alike. :eek: :D

attachment.php

I like It! I wanted a bridge crane in my garage but the ceiling is only 11'9" I did install an I-beam in the vaulted part of the garage that the 16' wide by 12' over head door opens into. It has a 1/4 ton and a 1/2 ton electric hoists. They are a great help.

My condolences to you and your Family as well. Dozer.
Everything on this build is top notch.:cool: [cl :cool:
Thanks for the body lift shout out as well. You are now a official member of the "If theres a will, there's a way" club.:D
[P [P [P
Torchie

Thanks Torchie, we gotta get it done

Seems like I have done the same things over and over again on this build, but it is, going together for the last time. The body is bolted down the running boards and fenders are bolted on. I had to do some metal repairs on the fenders where they fastened to the frame around the motor mounts. There are 29 bolts on each side to fasten the running boards and fenders, it took two trips to town to get enough bulk 5/16 and 1/4 bolts nut and washers to get it done.

Video https://youtu.be/XH_w0Z139pI

attachment.php

attachment.php

I used Dominion rubberized rock guard to paint the top sides of the running boards

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

If you look in the upper center of this photo you can see the little oval hole with the nut and bolt in it that is the rear body mount, only way to get at it is with the gas tank out.

attachment.php

Attachments

• Resize of Getting there 001.jpg
    Resize of Getting there 001.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 38
  • Resize of Getting there 002.jpg
    Resize of Getting there 002.jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 38
  • Resize of Getting there 003.jpg
    Resize of Getting there 003.jpg
    111.1 KB · Views: 38
  • Resize of Getting there 004.jpg