Jeep Engine Build

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You caught me Doc. I out tricked myself. Trying to make them equal length and avoid the cowl I ended up with #6 being too long. Was going to mention in the last post that I should take a more direct route to the collector. And I will.

Sounds good.
icon14.gif

Spotted a new aluminum radiator on Craigslist for fiddy bucks. The outlets are in the right place for the Jeep engine whereas the radiator I have is not. So I picked her up. That's it for today.

Attachments

• rad 001.jpg
    rad 001.jpg
    193.8 KB · Views: 16
The block is fully machined so I picked it up from the engine shop today. The head was cleaned and magnafluxed too. I'll try my hand at a little porting, then it will go back to the shop for the rest of the head work.

All six pipes are in place, but #6 needs some rerouting. Add the collector and finish welding. Then on to the next task. The new radiator will require somewhat different mounts.

Attachments

• all 6 001.jpg
    all 6 001.jpg
    182 KB · Views: 37
  • all 6 002.jpg
    all 6 002.jpg
    176.5 KB · Views: 32
Header Done

I done finished the header, except for grinding some of the uglier welds. Then it's off to Jerry the Sandblaster. and painting.

The #6 pipe is rerouted but comes very close to the intake runner. Might have heat and hammer it a bit.

Attachments

• done 001.jpg
    done 001.jpg
    159 KB · Views: 32
  • done 002.jpg
    done 002.jpg
    158.9 KB · Views: 26
  • done 003.jpg
    done 003.jpg
    172.8 KB · Views: 30
Back at it.

Back in action. Gotta quit lifting heavy stuff.

Got the nose piece mounted. I fits on a 1" diameter pin at the bottom middle. There's two rods from the corners to the tubular frame members to steady it.

Next, the fan goes from being a puller to a pusher.

Attachments

• nose 001.jpg
    nose 001.jpg
    153.8 KB · Views: 35
  • nose 002.jpg
    nose 002.jpg
    163.4 KB · Views: 33
Nothing to see here folks

Been picking away at it doing a lot of non-picture worthy stuff. Here's a few pics anyway. First here's a pic of the header off the car. Probably will get it ceramic coated.
I put the brake lines back on it. Next will be the fuel cell. The fuel line will run up the driver's side instead of the other side. Finishing up the front motor mounts And the three piece farwall (southern speak). Top piece shown is blue and the bottom pieces are aluminum. Some small changes had to be made because of a different steering column and the engine offset.
I've got everything needed to assemble the short block except the camshaft. Been watching a bunch of videos and reading articles trying to learn enough to spec the right cam.

Attachments

• pot 004.jpg
    pot 004.jpg
    170.4 KB · Views: 30
  • pot 002.jpg
    pot 002.jpg
    174.5 KB · Views: 30
  • pot 003.jpg
    pot 003.jpg
    109.6 KB · Views: 28
  • pot 001.jpg
    pot 001.jpg