Corpo - Just Checking in

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That snowy pic looks like a Christmas card! Beautiful, even though I don’t like snow!:D

I know what you mean on being busy doing house repairs. I am just about finished on a bathroom remodel, floor to ceiling. Can I say I hate plumbing?:rolleyes:

Sick of house? Car. Sick of car? House. I keep up with the curb appeal for both.

House looks great, sorry to hear about you being a widower, I dont think I could do it without my better half.. she keeps me sane.

That snowy pic looks like a Christmas card! Beautiful, even though I don’t like snow!:D

I know what you mean on being busy doing house repairs. I am just about finished on a bathroom remodel, floor to ceiling. Can I say I hate plumbing?:rolleyes:

Plumbing is the worst, I have done quite a bit of it, but it is one of my least favorite activities. It can go sideways on you so quickly. Always know how to shut the water off! :)

The suburban fell through :-( the guy decided to part it out cause he could get more money for it that way. It had the tail gate set up rather than the barn doors which I think the tailgate is more fun...

The search continues.

Love the schoolhouse and where it is situated. What be came of your pickup?

Oh don’t you worry I still got it… I don’t think there is enough money in the world to have me part with it. I have been without garage for 6 ish years so
It’s been in storage. I have to solve a lot of moisture issues in the new garage before I will bring it out of storage. Hopefully this year… but we will see

This will be the first time I will have all my tools in one place. I am trying to not rush and just pile stuff, and get organized but the piles are mounting already…

Oddly enough I was at the electronics recycling center last weekend dropping of the 8 TVs that were left in the property when I bought it… and there across the yard was a early 30s Chevy 1.5 ton frame with the correct wheels I have been looking for…

They said no… bummer

I have tried to buy a suburban project twice in the last month, had the trailer hooked up and everything.. Both times the person sold them before I got there.

One was a 62 and one was a 64... both had really good patina... I did get my grandpas 98 Ram back on the road, its been sitting for 5ish years.

I also currently have my grandmothers 2003 mercury grand marquis.. I didnt think I would like driving that car, but man it is a smooth ride and plenty of power. The car is like brand new and fully loaded.

Im just collecting old, but not cool old vehicles at the moment.

I did finally get an email from photobucket that they were fully deactivating my account cause I wouldnt submit to paying. its a bummer to loose the photos in my build thread..

Grandpa got some new shoes!

Attachments

• IMG_0669.jpg
    IMG_0669.jpg
    154.5 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_0637.jpg
    IMG_0637.jpg
    189.5 KB · Views: 13
I did finally get an email from photobucket that they were fully deactivating my account cause I wouldnt submit to paying. its a bummer to loose the photos in my build thread..

I know how you feel. photosuckit locked mine up too, but they gave a grace period that you could download what you had up there, so I did. But I never got around to making another copy, and that computer died. So, I turned that hard drive into an external drive. Fine and dandy....for a while. Still didn't make any copies, and that drive failed. Something screwed up and neither of my computers will read it anymore, so I lost them again.:mad: Could have used some of them to remember how I did some things that I don't remember now.:eek:

By the way, the Dodge looks good![cl

Lol that’s some bad luck Bama..

I printed the whole thread to pdf when they first said they were pulling this move, so I have all the content, and assuming my old computer boots up (based on your experience… maybe not) I still have all the photos. It just bums me out years of documenting the build and now the thread is broken… I know there are lots out there like that.

Yeah the dodge went from old looking to tough looking. I kept the original wheels Incase someday my kids want to restore their great grandfathers truck back to stock. The question is how many times will I move those old 90s 3 spokers around… lol

I sent a picture of the truck next to my grandmas car to my mom and captioned it “ohhhh my… Bob have you been working out?”

Most of those first-gens here are so ratty and rusty and have whatever wheels on them. Its actually cool to see the old stock Dodge wheels on one that is in such nice shape. The new wheels look good too, they completely change the attitude of the truck.

The truck has had a pretty gentle life,(95,000 miles on it) I intend to take care of it and not abuse it. It’s sat outside the last few years and that hasn’t been good for it. The paint is actually faded pretty bad in spots, the plastic hasn’t faired well, both the mirrors (the glass) has cracked not sure why, all happened while just sitting. The interior is in really good shape (cause it’s leather) except for the carpet… my dad spilled oil in the cab. I was like “you have a huge truck bed what are u doing with oil in the cab???? His response wasI thought it might spill so I wanted to keep an eye on it… the logic is amazing…

The wheel tire combo that was on it always bothered me .. they just looked to small for the wheel wells. They were also load rated tires, my grandfather ordered it with some special tow package and it had heavy rated tires… and it rode rough. One would think the bigger tires would ride worse, but rides wayyyy better. But these tires were not cheap ones.

Most of those around here that sat out in the sun had the top of the dash disintegrate into a billion pieces. The plastic isn’t uv stable and just became extremely brittle. If it is still in good shape I’d invest in a cover of some kind for it.

I need another project like a hole in the head but the boss gave me the go ahead… going to pick it up in ND next Friday!!

It’s a 64 c10 Carry all… I was torn between the late 50s and the early 60s ones… boss said she liked this body more… so done deal for me. I have looked a bunch of them and man most have been really rotten. Late night marketplace purchase here, you can see the one side is pretty beaten up, but what is important to me is it looks dry. It’s even a runner… and it’s less $$$ than most rotten ones I have looked at. The guy I’m getting it from has a bunch of c10 stuff, he tells me he was planning on building this one for himself, but got a k series truck he wants to build more. He’s also does auto restoration for a living, he tells me he doesn’t think it needs a patch panel that all the metal is there… we will see if I have the skills to straighten it out.!

The old schoolhouse project has been consuming most of my free time but, making some good headway there. I’m going to work on the garage out there in the spring. The project lists are long!

Hope everyone here is well!

Attachments

• IMG_1280.jpg
    IMG_1280.jpg
    173.5 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_1278.jpg
    IMG_1278.jpg
    123.1 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_1272.jpg
    IMG_1272.jpg
    98.7 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_1277.jpg
    IMG_1277.jpg
    132.8 KB · Views: 16
Here’s some house stuff I have been up too!

Rebuilding the chimney… this has taken way longer then I expected, I stopped counting the number of bricks I replaced but it was nearing 50… the chimney cap I made out of an old bed frame some scrap mesh and a used piece of stainless steel sheet off the wall of a commercial kitchen…

Been working to re-create the missing bell tower… plans are to take it apart in chunks and hoist it on the roof in the spring.

Replace the rear doors… glass actually just came in today.. I got these doors off marketplace resized them to fit my opening … made a world of difference on the back.

Reframed and repaired all the rot on the rear dormer where the big old bay windows were… I still need to side it before winter…

The lists of to dos is long but I just keep chipping away

Attachments

• IMG_1089.jpg
    IMG_1089.jpg
    123.8 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_0482.jpg
    IMG_0482.jpg
    140.1 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_1221.jpg
    IMG_1221.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_0796.jpg
    IMG_0796.jpg
    145.6 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_1257.jpg
    IMG_1257.jpg
    108.2 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_1166.jpg
    IMG_1166.jpg
    119.4 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_1059.jpg
    IMG_1059.jpg
    125.6 KB · Views: 14
the doors look great [cl
Thats a big project, probably with no end.... :D Seeing your car builds, I`m sure it will turn out great.

Latest posts

Back