Custom Mopar ????

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gotta finish that boat and get to work on the car.

Working on them both bruno.:eek: I'm just a glutton for punishment.[ddd

:eek: Man, you lucked out on the rust issues :cool:
[P[P[P

All has yet to be revealed OI.;)
Haven't gotten the the DS yet and we all know that is usually the side that takes the beating. But so far it looks like I at least have something to weld to.[;) [;) [;) :)
Torchie

My old computer crashed so I am using my Daughters old laptop and of course i couldn't remember my pass word. :eek: But now I'm back.
Cleaned out the DS and as suspected my rust then the DS. Some one attempted a patch on the floor. :rolleyes:
All in all it is still not bad as the rocker is solid.
The one rear fender was under all the debris and you can see where that has been patched
I also started to put things back on. Trunk lid is first. What kind of person takes apart a car and doesn't save ANY of the bolts.[S
That's it for now as it has been somewhat cold and rainy here but the weather is looking up for the weekend.
Torchie

Attachments

• IMG_4079.JPG
    IMG_4079.JPG
    102.6 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_4085.JPG
    IMG_4085.JPG
    105.7 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_4089.JPG
    IMG_4089.JPG
    88.2 KB · Views: 24
  • unnamed-1.jpg
    unnamed-1.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 28
  • unnamed.jpg
    unnamed.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_4077.JPG
    IMG_4077.JPG
    120.8 KB · Views: 24
Was hoping you'd find the bolts on the floor under the trash...

So was I small. My wife said that they were in the coffee can that I didn't get [ddd

The same one that looks back after doing so and saying, (what the hell was I thinking):(

The guy I got this from bought it as a parts car for a Diesel Gasser ????? ( Diesler [ddd ) that he is building.
Thats why the hood and the DS front fender don't match the rest of the car.
I also went in search for a 15" tire I can use for a replacement for the shredded front one. They are getting hard to find but my local tire shop thinks he has a vehicle coming on Weds. that has 15" tires on it.
Lets hope so.
Torchie

Very cool, this is like re-living when I brought my 48 coupe home and started on it. Subscribed for sure!

I might have a few parts laying around as I had several 46-52 Plymouths and Dodges. I'll see what I have and PM you.

Very cool, this is like re-living when I brought my 48 coupe home and started on it. Subscribed for sure!

I might have a few parts laying around as I had several 46-52 Plymouths and Dodges. I'll see what I have and PM you.

Thanks falconvan.:D
I went and looked at a parts car. It was a 1950 Coronet, but it was a 4 door and he wanted too much money for it. Not that there weren't parts that I could have used. It just goes against my grain to pay more for a parts car then I did for the project car.[ddd
I have it to get to my local yard to see what he has. Maybe this weekend.
Torchie

Torchie, if only your friends were a little more generous, your motor dreams could be solidified. Here's a few pictures of possibilities. A 354 Hemi and a 318 Poly.

Attachments

• IMG_1977.jpg
    IMG_1977.jpg
    139.6 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_1978.jpg
    IMG_1978.jpg
    131.3 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_1979.jpg
    IMG_1979.jpg
    157 KB · Views: 19
Torchie, French Lake Auto Parts has several '49-'54 Mopars. If you need an item and can't get it in your neighborhood and is shippable, let me know. My friend Titus goes there almost every week.

Torchie, if only your friends were a little more generous, your motor dreams could be solidified. Here's a few pictures of possibilities. A 354 Hemi and a 318 Poly.

My friends on here have always been generous MM........:) I believe the one from the boat is a 354. I may stop and see that guy tomorrow. At this point the drive train isn't a big concern.

Torchie, French Lake Auto Parts has several '49-'54 Mopars. If you need an item and can't get it in your neighborhood and is shippable, let me know. My friend Titus goes there almost every week.

Thanks bob. My local yard has 2 of these according to the guy that I got mine from. He has gotten parts for his other one from them.
I may get over there tomorrow as I just came from my leg guys and they fixed the brace on my real leg along with the brace on the fake leg so I'm feeling fairly stable. At least physically . [ddd
Thanks for checking up on me....
Torchie

Todays little victory that only took half the day to do.:eek:
After 4 stops at different tire places near me I finally located a used 15" tire.
I also wanted to deal with the fact that the PS wheel was frozen, so I got out the big hammer and the big stick. It spins now.[cl
The tire isn't exactly the right profile but i was lucky to get it.
My weekly Drs appt. is tomorrow. (Hopefully the second to the last one of these.) and then possibly getting the doors hung or getting the bolts needed to mount the steering column. Or both....
And then on to the holiday weekend. Which means I will stay away from the local towns.:p
Thanks for visiting....
Torchie

Attachments

• unnamed-8.jpg
    unnamed-8.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 32
  • unnamed-2.jpg
    unnamed-2.jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 33
  • unnamed-5.jpg
    unnamed-5.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 32
  • unnamed-6.jpg
    unnamed-6.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 32
  • unnamed-3.jpg
    unnamed-3.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 33
  • unnamed.jpg
    unnamed.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 32
87 Degrees and 90 percent humidity here today.:eek:
Working in this type of weather is hard on my heart but with the help of a friend we got the steering box mounted and the tie rods attached.
Without a dash I just used a 2x4 for a support.
It's a roller now.[cl
Maybe the doors will get hung tomorrow.
Torchie

Attachments

• unnamed.jpg
    unnamed.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_4105.JPG
    IMG_4105.JPG
    115.6 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_4104.JPG
    IMG_4104.JPG