About what year axle is this ?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yankee Transplant

He started out with nothing, he still has most of
0208151526-00.jpg

0208151526-01.jpg

0208151536-00.jpg

0208151536-01.jpg

Ok yall got me scratching my head ,,, I bought this as a 62 or 65 chevy truck axle ... I saw it was a small chevy wheel pattern , and that was perfect for my rat project ... and yall brought to my attention that its supposed to be a 6 lug ,, and not a 65 anyway they had coils .... so I looked for a number like was on my other axle and there aint one that I found .. any help or do I just need to take shoes off and match up at parts house ???

If this is a 5x4.75(small chevy pattern) you may have a mid 60s van axle...if so, lots of Chevelle parts fit.

its a 4.75 smallfoot . he told me he took it out of a truck ,, but I'll start with a van when I look for shoes and cylinders. Thanks guys .... This will give me an idea any way ..or a starting point .

It's a van axle for sure. The steering arms and drums ID it. All kinds of wrong with what the seller told you. Chevy 1/2T trucks didn't even have a beam axle in the 60's. They were IFS from '60 forward, with '60-'63 being torsion bar and '63 on were coil spring. Besides that as someone else already pointed out they were all 6 lug. Your parts source will be 1st generation Chevy/GMC van '64-'66.

yt it could have came out of one of the trucks that look like a van. i got a axle out of a dodge a100 looks a lot like it.

No problem glad to help. Do your research before you buy next time - It will save you a lot of headaches. Never trust what a seller tells you unless you can verify it as fact! Just for a little further info, Chevrolet NEVER used a 4.75" bolt circle on a full size truck. 1/2 tons were 6 lug or 5 on 5", depending on the year.

Hey it worked out for the best anyway , because Ive got the same wheel pattern on the rear ...Now that I got a fix on what it is for the parts .. i'm all set ..:D

Latest posts

Back