38 ford pu

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice job on Fab'ing up the sheetmetal Parts.[cl
I did the floor in my custom truck with 16 Gauge and had to use a hand sledge to bend it over.:eek:
I went to 18 Gauge for the rockers and box extensions that I built. After working with the 16 Gauge the 18 felt like tinfoil....[ddd
Keep at it. [P [P
Torchie

16ga is what I'll be using on most of the floor pans too... it's what's on hand....

Great job rebuilding that. One day I'll start on the 39!

Thanks dmw56....looking forward to see what you do with it....

Nice to see ya fabricatin instead of vegetatin...nice work![cl

Feels good too Smalls, just don't get to spend the time I would like...

great looking fab work!

Thank you joedoh....not so bad yourself...

That’s what retirement gets ya

See what happens when you retire you get all the time you need to do great Fabrication work! Your build looks Awesome!! [cl I like what you did with the frame. I agree with using 16ga. for the floor pans it is much stiffer and structurally stronger than 18ga. I can’t wait to see more!![P

Looking great. I'll be following this one.

Great progress. [P[P

See what happens when you retire you get all the time you need to do great Fabrication work! Your build looks Awesome!! [cl I like what you did with the frame. I agree with using 16ga. for the floor pans it is much stiffer and structurally stronger than 18ga. I can’t wait to see more!![P

Thanks fellows...

Drweld...never enough time (or money!) ha ... to many projects, to many ol' buddy favors, not to mention health issues...now the wifey having some troubles....ol' well could always be worse...thanks for looking in...

Made some floor supports....

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• 001 (2).jpg
    001 (2).jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 62
  • 003 (2).jpg
    003 (2).jpg
    107.3 KB · Views: 61
I just read this thread from the beginning and I have a question or two:

What size tubing are you using for the floor supports? Just curious how heavy it is and how it will tie into the body? (The rockers are obvious... the rest, not so much.)

Don't get me wrong. I like a heavy dose of "overkill" and I wonder how you see it...

Great work bud. Love the fab work you have done here.

Lookin good!

Looks good and very strong.

Thanks guy's

I just read this thread from the beginning and I have a question or two:

What size tubing are you using for the floor supports? Just curious how heavy it is and how it will tie into the body? (The rockers are obvious... the rest, not so much.)

Hey Dr. C... as far as the tubing it's 1x2x1/8in not real heavy, just happen to have it on hand... still have to make some hoops for the drive shaft tunnel
and that will tie the two sides together then when I put the flooring in it will
get welded to structure as well as the body, want to repair the lower part of the cab in the back to have something to weld to. Once the firewall and floor
are all welded in it should be pretty stout....hopefully ......hope all this makes
since.....

Don't get me wrong. I like a heavy dose of "overkill" and I wonder how you see it...

Got a little done yesterday...

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

not welded in yet just mocked up....

Attachments

• 014 (2).jpg
    014 (2).jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 63
  • 015 (2).jpg
    015 (2).jpg
    85.8 KB · Views: 64