donor master cylinder

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

clcutlass

gathering parts for my build...I have the 51 f1 manual master cylinder that goes in the frame but would like to have power brakes....instead of buying one of those expensive kits what are some options for a firewall mount system on the cheap.

dont know about the cheap,, hanging peddles is a pain anyway ..unless you get it already on the steering column. I seen a picture of one under the floor that looked simple, I kept the picture because the cow booster will not work with my 30 chevy but the booster under the floor will ... Ill find the picture here in a min.

brakes.jpg Im thinking this would go under the bed now that I look at it , just be sure to match all your brake parts together or your brakes wont be worth a flip

if you have the room and it will hide it too. [;) but this is just one way ,, im sure there is others .. My brakes on my 30 is all mis-matched so they are not good brakes .. I will one day get them straight. may even go to disk kit on the front some how not sure yet ... that will be down the road .

In my '36 Ford, I put the booster and master cylinder under the floor. An '87 Ranger was my donor so I just robbed the MC and booster off the Ranger firewall and put it backwards under the floor, on the '36. [ Remember it's backwards when you go to hook up the brake lines to the front and back brakes. The outlets on the MC will be back-to-front now.]
I don't have a real good picture of it.

Attachments

• IMG_1114.jpg
    IMG_1114.jpg
    130.7 KB · Views: 29
In my '36 Ford, I put the booster and master cylinder under the floor. An '87 Ranger was my donor so I just robbed the MC and booster off the Ranger firewall and put it backwards under the floor, on the '36. [ Remember it's backwards when you go to hook up the brake lines to the front and back brakes. The outlets on the MC will be back-to-front now.]
I don't have a real good picture of it.

Thanks

Latest posts

Back