Broadway Title

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
BROADWAY

Guys, being that we have over 7 thousand cars you can say the Arizona MVD is up our ASS! They have shut down over 13 yards this year alone over proper paper work and procedures. Everyone that comes out here says it must be tuff to deal with the cost of crush/ or bad economy....forget all that try its all about dealing with MVD, out here they are the law. When they come to a yard they do what ever it is that they need to. My point is the Broadway Title is company...very small company, I think there's like 4-5 people there... But anyway if we need a title there the easiest to deal with. Most of you are write, they don't return calls and they can be at times slow. But always come threw. There are so many loop holes in the laws/procedures in getting titles for older cars. But in most states anything older the 1970 if you have at least 1 vin (from a frame/motor/tag) Broadway is the way to go. If you don't have it then its tuff. Most of the guys out here if there not using a factory frame, and show NO numbers. When the car/truck is done they go to MVD and do what's called a "special construction" title. This way the still get say a 32 Ford title and avoid all the emissions. Most guys out here dont care about the "brand" (dismantle/salvage....) just as long as there is emissions to deal with its all cool.
Not sure if that info helps any one

so what if you dont have a vin you have a serial number? my 51 ford 1/2 ton doesnt have a vin just a plate in the glove box with the serial number. will that work using this company?

If you can read the codes on those plates clearly your really lucky. Both plates on my 51 were so corroded and worn that I could barely make them out. Luckily with the help of a strong magnifying glass I was able to make the serial numbers out. Why they both were in such bad shape is anybody's guess but at least they were still there and could be read.

Thunder1

Broadway update:
Since my post Broadway has changed there procedures. Not sure the reason...mvd maybe? But a Bill of Sale wont get you anything anymore threw them. They still provide a good service in other areas but no longer for getting titles with out a lot of other needed paper work : (

Yep, a VIN is crucial to the process. At least if your using Broadway. Somebody else might have some suggestions? Not knowing N.M. laws, I don't have a clue what you can do now??

Sorry!

Thunder1

i had run into the same problem try this co. they told me they can get you a vin as well..mainely titles..( hope i didnt spell that wrong

I just got off the phone with Broadway. Yes the laws have changed and it's made things a little more difficult but not impossible. The biggest thing is the $350 price and as much as 45 days turn around to title your average vehicle.

Another change is this. All vehicles must be first inspected for road worthyness by a ASE Certified Mechanic. Basically it's gotta have all the factory safety equipment intact and working properly. Brakes, lights, turn signals, glass, horn, seat belts, windshield wipers, rear view mirrors, yada, yada, yada! You have to provide the mechanic certification to Broadway along with your title application and fee. They are working to possibly overturn parts of the legislation regarding older vehicles but they won't know more until after the first of the year. Hope this answers some questions for who ever might be curious about all this.

T1

Latest posts

Back