Introduction...

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Twin-T-3 T

Hello all. I am new to this posting thing, so please be patient with me.

I call the Texas Gulf Coast home, just South of Houston. I'm married with two great kids. I enjoy pretty much anything that has to do with old cars/trucks.

Though it is not my first build, my current project is a 23 T roadster. I use the term "current" loosely as this really began in January of 1991 with the acquisition of a 'glass T-bucket that was a theft recovery vehicle in so-so shape (stored outdoors for a few years). My initial intent was a quick fixer-upper and start driving it around. The more I tore it down, the worse things were revealed. No matter how hard you try, you can't polish a turd. I basically moth-balled the project until late 2007. Still intent on keeping with the T-bucket idea, I purchased a Stage III chassis from the late Total Performance, may they RIP. My favorite part of that whole deal is the awesome nostalgic drilled dropped I-beam axle. That pretty much blew my budget for a while, but I continued to accumulate mostly small bits and pieces. February of this year, I came across a complete original '23/'25 roadster body (sheet metal only, no wood). That's when the pendulum swung in the other direction for me. I am no longer focused on producing a cookie cutter T-bucket, but either a traditional hot rod or rat rod. I figured the best way to gain the necessary knowledge is to seek out the wisdom of others. I look forward to getting much needed guidance and ideas from those of you willing to share. Thanks in advance for having me...

Welcome Twin-T, Glad you could make it. I have a soft spot for the 23T myself. I've owned three over the years and have yet to get one up and running. I'm down to one now, and do have it in the project lineup for completion.....someday.:D Looking forward to see your project.

Welcome to RRR. T Buckets are great cars to play with performance wise there is not much that will match a t bucket.

Latest posts

Back