Harbor Freight Central Pneumatic Compressor

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

darkk

We bought a Harbor Freight CP compressor the 2.5hp 21 gallon 125psi cast iron vertical unit. Model # 67847 4.7cfm @ 90psi and 5.8cfm@ 40psi
We needed a cheap temporary compressor for our new garage addition so we went to HF and looked at what they had. We had gotten a 20% coupon that was accepted for compressors on sale (good for us). It is listed at $199 on sale for $169 with 20% off that came to $135.99 This turned out to be a great buy for us. I was expecting it to be a real POS....but it is a really good unit for the price. It will run our 1/2" impact gun no problem. It also runs a 3/8" air ratchet without issue. I might just keep this thing over in our small garage. We did have one minor issue that could happen to anyone. The output air regulator leaks air when set over 90psi. So we set it to 90psi and it is fine. I called tech support and they are shipping out a replacement regulator so it's a non issue for us. So I like it, especially for the price we paid. It's a rugged little unit...

Right in the middle of painting my Son Don's T Bucket about 4 years ago our main shop compressor blew a motor. We were in a jam and needed to keep painting so we did the same thing.........went to HF and bought one on sale for about $ 169 or so. It worked fine, was a little noisy (ok, very noisy) but did what we needed. My Son ended up giving it to a good friend of his and as far as I know it is still working.

Obviously not as good as a larger, more expensive compressor, but not bad for the money.

Don

Latest posts

Back