What seat for a 37 Plymouth Coupe

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hkestes

I am thinking about new seat or seats for my 37 Plymouth coupe and wondered what any of you have found that fit the late 30's coupes. I believe all brands will be about the same size.

My stock seat is about 46 inches wide at the widest point of the base and about 48 inches wide along the top of the back. It is just not real comfortable on any drive of any real length. The springs have broken down over the years.

full

Have you considered having your current seat rebuilt? It looks good. That said, bucket seats and a console might be a fun upgrade.

Probably not going to find much in a bench seat other than a minivan middle seat, and they're not the most comfortable. A set of buckets from a late model might work with some brackets and stands, but most have non removable head rests if you're trying to keep the old look. Skip has a good idea, buy the stuff and rebuild the springs in your seat.

I injured my back in my teens, so adjustability and comfort are necessary, period.

zzrodder is building a '37 Packard coupe and I'm building a '37 Chevy coupe. (They're similar in proportion and dimensions.) zz found Mazda MPV seats fit the Packard well.

I've measured a few possible donors at the B pillar, which really "narrows it down". So, the best advice I can give you, is to hit the junkyard with your tape measure...

This is a S10 seat that we stripped, narrowed the bottom on each side by 1.5" then bought a foam kit with bolsters and covered it.
The down side is I have $600 in it.
Been on a few road trips 200 + miles and it's comfortable.
You can most likely do this to your seat too.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Latest posts

Back