newbie from northern Il (diesel rod)

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dieselratrod

Hey everyone i am from northern Il and new to the rat rods rule forum. I have always been into workin on bigger diesel pick up trucks and have really gotten interested in rat trucks. i was givin a 90 7.3l idi diesel motor a while back and thought it would be neat to do a rat truck with it.

Im getting ready to start my first hot rod project. I started off with a 7.3l idi ford diesel motor i got out of a 90 ford f350. i always thought it would be cool to have a diesel rat rod truck. i have fully rebuilt the motor and just purchased an old ford f100 frame that was sandblasted primed and came with both axles for 100 bucks so i thought it was a good deal. i know im going to need a heavier rear end to handle the deisel motor. also i am trying to find a cab for the truck at the moment, let me know if you have one for sale or know where to find one.

Let me know if you have any advice for me or ideas. i would greatly appreciate it!

wish me luck, i will try to post some pictures of the project as i go along.

Last edited:
Do you guys think that i can get the f100 frame to work? what do you recommend i do to get the rod to the ground. i know that s10 frames are pretty common with these custom builds. but i figured for only 100 bucks this was a cheap deal. id like to make it work and not have to go out and find another frame.

What year F100 frame? Is it straight axle? Is it just the rails? What's on it? No matter what, it's a beefy frame.

Latest posts

Back